1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Where do you get your switches?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Guerrilla, 14 Oct 2006.

1. Guerrilla

Guerrilla What's a Dremel?

I spent a while yesterday trying to find some interesting switches. Mostly i came up with junk. I did however find this site www.nkkswitches.com that seems to have alot of choices. I wanted to see if anyone out there found a great source for switches, or if we're going to have to end up modding those too. So, if you would, post anything neat you find.

2. Levell0rd

Levell0rd What's a Dremel?

Even in silver.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2006
  3. DDarkSide

DDarkSide What's a Dremel?

Checkout Performance-PCs.com..great items for sure..I dont know where you live, but they have some great options for sure :D

4. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Radioshack has plenty of toggle switches and buttons of all sizes, and are good because you can walk in and take a look at them to see if they will work for you, rather than ordering stuff online and crossing your fingers.

5. DDarkSide

DDarkSide What's a Dremel?

True...but if you know what you want..most of the time it comes out cheaper online :idea:

I used to work for RS..boy do they have a WICKED markup..it's no joke!!

6. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

Yeah, RS was cool when I was a little kid. They actually sold electronic parts at a descent price. Not that they are all cell phones and crappy toy electronics, they cut WAY back on the actually project-type stuff and jacked the price WAY up on them. It really was sad to watch that happen.

I generally find the best places to buy electronics is either on ebay, or (if you need the part fast) local small electronics store (non-chain RS type).

EDIT: Also try mpja.com for cheap electronics. They seem to be nice and fast. And for some things, partsexpress.com is fast and cheap.

7. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?

agreed radioshack.

8. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Ebay if you need a ton of em. Otherwise go to all electronics for cheaper ones. Avoid the terrible markup that radio shack has, not to mention the terrible selection too.

9. N.A.N.O.

N.A.N.O. What's a Dremel?

I found a "switchshop" that is very cheap and there is a lot of choice.
    This is the URL --> www.ettinger.de

10. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

For aesthetically pleasing switches, like the ever popular military switch, or even touch sensitive switches, I've found the best resource to be automotive shops. The markups usually aren't that horrible, and they typically come wired up and ready to go.

Otherwise I browse at the usual electronic shops, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. I avoid ordering online usually because as mentioned earlier, you're just kind of hoping you end up with the right thing.

11. D3DAiM

D3DAiM Slightly Stupid.

If you are looking for a bulgin switch, unfortunately the only places that stock them are online PC stores. I got my blue illuminated bulgin for $15 at performance-pcs