1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Ice - Finished.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Guest-23315, 16 Apr 2006.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

in a silencer in the 5.25" bays, or possibly mounted to the rear of the case, above the PSU..

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Well, im heading off for my operation in an hour or so, so there is a good chance of no more updates until christmas time!

3. accro

accro What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear that, but when youre recovering you have plenty of time to create ideas.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

:D :D :D :D they have decided not to slice me open in the end :D :D :D :D

i just have to 'rest' it for a week or so..... :duh: but being almost 15, im not going to listen to them :naughty:

Anywho....im hoping to get my orderes put in tommorow for a whole load of watercooling and general modding bits..... :clap:

[​IMG]

I did some marking out on the Mobo plate for where im gonna cut it. This will be so i can easily tighten/loosed the hold down for the TDX...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some other random photos of the hardware.... (I love that RAM!!!)

[​IMG]

and now back to killing people on BF2 :p (hint hint Fr4nk! :naughty: :naughty: )

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

i changed the Project name to "Black Ice" becuase i got bored of 'Dark Water'...

......Anyway, I was getting all the other 'bits' ordered when i sorta realised i can't afford half of it.... So now, there is no aquatube ect. but i still ordered the barbs, however, i think i forgot to order the 8/10mm tubing :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
    So, if i have, i'll have to go back to using my 1/2" ID tubing.... anyway im gonna get some more spray paint and filler to use on the front drivebays.....

but yesterday....::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted the front door to look plain, so i wanted to get rid of the holes that show the HDD and Power LEDs.. (these are gonna be hooked up the LED's on some vandal switches -|- the Power one will go on the power switch -|- the HDD activity will go on the LED on the CC on off Vandal.....)

[​IMG]

Because there are no LED's, i started sanding off the small images, and will dremel out the rest of the raised holes this afternoon....

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Update 1...:: Filler

first update of today....

[​IMG]

i went out earlier and got my self some fairly cheap Bonbo / Car Body filler to use on the front bezels.....

[​IMG]

I want the main front to look slightly plain, but flat and clean.... Im gopping to eventually get a small temp read-out to go next to the switches (which should be here tommorow morning......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my first experiance with filler, so i hope it looks good after some sanding.....

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Could you shake your camera just a bit less when taking the pictures? Especially the last one makes my head hurt. Nice hardware and project but your monitor looks funny (16:10 ;) )

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

well, my filler hasn't dried...... so when my mum and my brother are out tommorow i can start doing some proper sanding....

[​IMG]

i started drawing the mounting holes for the pump... im gonna try and use some M4 screws and bolts....

[​IMG]

and heres a general shot of the random room where im working...

my packages should be here tommorow aswell.....

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Giga-Update 1!

This morning, 3 of my 4 packages arrived.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A load o' general Modding Stuff....

[​IMG]

I was supprised how big this Heatsink was....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It didn't fit on becuase of my EK X18/19 so i cut down some of the smaller
    fins...

[​IMG]

i used some AS5 when mounting it instead of the funny stuff that came with it....

Package 2....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im quiet annoyed because i didn't get my PSU silencer or my Molex extractors.... :sigh:

Package 3

[​IMG]

when i opened the package, i found this...

[​IMG]

but when i opened up the box i found this...

[​IMG]

I like the look of the HDD silencer....

[​IMG]

fit very nicely....

BUT... i ordered 2 right-angled barbs, 14 straight barbs, and some 'molex eyes'but only got one of ech of the barbs and non of the molex things....

so i hope they may come later today....

10. The Bart Man

The Bart Man What's a Dremel?

Where did you order all that stuff becouse the shipping is not "top notch" so to speek.
    Sending stuff in a plastic bagg or a mobo box not verry pro but do hope you gett all your pecieses together.

11. pioneer1976

pioneer1976 What's a Dremel?

looking good

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The biggest box is from Kustom PC's.....

the other box is from eclipse-computers

there will be another update in half-an hour or so once ive finished the loop and got some water-into it... :D

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Update 2!

Second part of the update... :naughty:

[​IMG]

I finished off sanding the front door with first 400 Grit, then 1000 Grit Wet-and-Dry

[​IMG]

everything will be black on the bezel, and the white bondo is actually as flat as the bezel even thought it doesn't look like it. It just need some painting and acrylic....

[​IMG]

I think its easiest to plumb with the Res at the top, and also makes filling easier while the roof is off...

[​IMG]

I drilled 2 x 4mm holes in the base, and then filed them off. Its mounted with M4 x 20 Bolts with a nut on each, and a bit of 3mm neoprean underneath it....

[​IMG]

It looks quite nice on the bottom with only two small bolts..

[​IMG]

I started plumbing the loop with 1/2" ID (about 3/4" OD!!!!) tubing. I also wanted it to have a smooth curve down into the inlet of the pump..

[​IMG]

Because of the Hex nuts on the Repack 5.25" Res, i had to dremel out 3 bits from the door..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(under the glass bit of my desk, looks cool!)

I also tested the Cold Cathodes. They are Hiper Purple ones, but i may swap them for proper UV ones....

[​IMG]

LED testing for the CPU block and the Pump. I'll tryt and pick up some that are the same colour as the CC's if i decide to keep them...

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Update 3! WCing

[​IMG]

I first tested the blue LED on the TDX....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The on the Pump, which i think looks very nice..:D

[​IMG]

This is my ACRyan molex cable thingly... its green, but it will eventually change...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I properly started plumbing, hopefully ready for leak testing tommorow..., just aslong as my Other Package comes tommorow (it should have been here this morning, but it isn't, and they won't answer my e-mails or phone calls... :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then shoved in the CC's and the LED into the TDX, and i love it!

there should be a little update later tonight when ive finished plumbing it all.....:D

15. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Looking good, I have two of those cases stored in my attic space. They are waiting there for me to do something with them :D

As it seems your hand doesn't slow you down much, some good progress here. I don't know if I've posted on your thread before, don't know why though, been following this from the start.

Those cases are pretty nice, they do have some downfalls though, first off the rail system on the cd rack, with cd/dvd drives they work like a charm, but if you have something smaller (baybuses etc.) they are not that hot. Also that damn front, It's a b***h to paint or actually do anything else with it, too complex. Finally at least my cases have only 80mm fan places, would be nice to go with 120mm...

I've actually thought about connecting those two cases into one huge cube spiced up with some custom made watercooling, but I've got my hands full as it is :hehe: someday maybe...

Oh yeah, once you're at it, you definitely should bondo that case sticker "dent" on the door...

Otherwise, keep up the good work and especially updating as much as you can, bit-techers love that :thumb:

Ps. Check out Orange Monster if you havn't already done so, some new stuff over there also...

Janne

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thanks Darkened :thumb: ...(Nice bit of self publicity there!)

i want to keep the front bezel pain, but change the bit behind the door....
    Also, ive got a bit of a plan for the sticker hole, so wait and see :D :D :D

Im still finalising the loop, and then im gonna shove a load of de-Ionised water in there and leak test it....

I think it was a good move by Chieftec to change the 2x80mm fans into a 120mm fan, as its a lot easier to work with.

AJ¬

17. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Oh, yeah, 5 stars from me...

Nighty night :hehe:

Janne

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Ive got a tad of a problem....

When i was doing the cutting for the res nuts on the door, i think ive cut too much off and now the little catch on the top left is almost broken, and ive still gotta keep on takeing it off to paint it ect.

19. elliod

elliod What's a Dremel?

great work man keep it going .

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

i finally got my last package at 8 this morning....

[​IMG]

inside was::

5x XL2 Black Noiseblocker 120mm Fans
    2x 12" UV CCFL's
    1x 50cm UV Black SATA 150/300
    2x Blue Vandal Switches.
    a 120mm Dust stopping thingy....
    and some LED's i didn't order...!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like these fans, move lots of ar, and i can't here them !