1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Orange Monster, 26 July 2006; Wire routing blocks 16.3.2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Darkened, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Braven

Braven What's a Dremel?

Nice mod!! You have very impressive skills to handle all materials!! :rock: :jawdrop:
    i think with that acrylic you can make a little surface cut as a guide along the acrilic you want to bend with the :dremel: , then aply heat to make it bend in an sharpner angle. The use acrylic glue to make the cut disapear and polish. (sorry my english). Maeby it could work!

2. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

darkened, love it, absolutely love it! but for once I have a suggestion rather than a question!

And that is: Why not leave the side panel off? it actually hides all that wonderful work you have done! I dunno, maybe mesh it up or something, I haven't thought that through becuase thats your job ;) I just thought it was a shame to mask the amazingness of your work!

That said, and I have sneaky suspicion that this will be the case, are you going to light the hell out of it? I can't remember if you said.

annnnyway, </ramble>

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

oh ya this a great mod, it has everything I look for in a mod, its original, its clean, and its streamlined everything has a place and a purpose and it has one constant theme, I think a case that has more than 2 themes going on or has more than 2 directions is nothing more than clutter and confusing and it takes away from the quality, ya I really like what you have done with this case, keep it up.

4. LoveJoy

LoveJoy What's a Dremel?

Thanks ssR now its hurtimg my eye to :( snif... but once again great work Janne

5. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Guys did you ever try to bend acrylic in such a complex way yourself? I can tell you it isn't easy to do by hand. Sometimes you will have to accept a minor imperfection to get on with a mod. Give this great modder a break and just enjoy this great worklog. With the sidepanel in place it will hardly be visible.

6. SIMSY

SIMSY What's a Dremel?

hear hear.

great mod

7. orensix

orensix What's a Dremel?

Great mod... love the overall look and dedication doing the mod...

8. customh

customh conflagration.

Looks great as always Janne, but WE NEED AN UPDATE!!! (i am dying over here...)

9. elliod

elliod What's a Dremel?

agree get on whit it :D

10. ajampaniki

ajampaniki What's a Dremel?

Man you need to start mass producing those casefeet. And those aluminum shrouds with the holes. And those sidepanels. And....

Well just build some more of these cases.

11. olle

olle What's a Dremel?

It looks great! I hope U doesent use to many lights in the case! Just keep it tasteful and not to bright, but thats just my opinion..

12. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

We want an update! :'(

13. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Hope you post an update soon, i'm eager to see your progress! :)

14. DJFearache

DJFearache What's a Dremel?

This mod is so awesome!! I rly rly whant to see how it turns out in the end :)

15. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Ok, I'm back with a beaver hat!

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who visited my thread and especially those who commented also.

Sorry about the absence and the lack of answers & updates. I wasn't anywhere near a computer last week, so it made answering your questions a bit hard :hehe:

Unfortunately it also meant that no progress has been made with the case whatsoever. Also it meant that the case wasn't ready by the end of last month, thank god this project doesn't have a deadline :D

Q&A time:

@Noni

Yes, the acrylic is on the both sides covering both sidepanels.

@Jeroenotje

I've been using a Wolfcraft polishing set, autoglym, autosol, mothers mag & alu polish and a bunch of other products, but still it seems impossible to have a mirror finish with this alu :wallbash:

@cire9753

I've thought of getting a pci usb card, I still might, thank's for the suggestion :thumb:

@ssR

I know that the divider plate shroud isn't perfect, but with my ghetto bending system that was the best I could get (did that part 3 times). But fear not, I have a plan, you'll see...

@Mother-Gooser

I've actually thought about leaving the sidepanel off, but the case itself has too many imperfections (my modded pieces do also :hehe:) to make it look good. Would be different though, maybe with a future mod...

For the lighting, the plan is coming together, but nothing definitive yet.

@ajampaniki

Luckily this is one of the kind, wouldn't want to mass produce these parts. And anyways I have plans for the next mod already, so wouldn't even have time :hehe:

@olle

Believe me, that'll be the case, subtle lighting, that's my goal...

Okay, I'll attack the mod next week again and the goal is to make it live!

Janne signing out.

16. customh

customh conflagration.

Sweet, lookin forward to it!!

17. masterchief9615

masterchief9615 PC builder / Modder

cant wait for the next update! :D

Last edited: 4 Nov 2006
  18. ChiperSoft

ChiperSoft What's a Dremel?

This is nothing short of inspiring. Amazing work Darkened. I want a case just like this.

19. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Great-stuff ...
    One of the best LL Vseries mods I have seen to-date..
    Franklin (who happens to be a great-modder) is 100% correct.
    EVERY PROJECT on this forum has flaws. This is "hand-built" stuff "one-off"..
    Dark: Great work man, looks kickass..!!

Last edited: 5 Nov 2006
  20. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I dunno dark the work looks pretty ...great lol from the pictures anyway, but I can see your point of view, half of it is you knowing that there is problems with it.

Much like when peolpe have haircuts and don't likem even when everyone else thinks it looks good.

I think the lighting will make having the windowed panel completely worth while though so its gonna be awesome, ah man, im jealous but happy for you at the same time :D

Tags: