1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Black and White wavemaster: CPU Magazine Front Cover

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by THEkorean, 1 Jul 2006.

1. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

first of all thanks for the quick comments guys, right now, i think im leaning towars painting the from pannel mesh black, rad mesh black, and side pannel mesh black too, and miror finishing the innards
    please keep the sugestions flowing :)

2. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Hell yea, do that :rock:

3. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

ok so i got another update today, i finaly finished bondo'ing the spinner and i attached it to the fan here are the progress shots

[​IMG]
    Stock cooler master fan, which i undervolted to run slower and quieter

[​IMG]
    then i cut a strip of mesh and glued it on with hot glue

[​IMG]
    heres the finished spinner

[​IMG]
    spinner placed on top of the fan just for a look see

[​IMG]
    heres teh fan ready to get glued

[​IMG]
    and heres teh final shot with it all mounted, i opted for an external mount because otherwise you cant see the nice mesh i put on, and by mounting it outside, you can fully see the moded stock grill, which has been cut out and filed down to acomodate the spinner :D

[​IMG]
    heres a further-away shot

edit: i just realize that i forgot to mention the hair ties that i "borrowed" from my sister, you can see then on the Res mounts, they are nice, soft, and black, they are also REAALY tight, so they do a MUCH better job than the rubber bands i had before

well thats it for today, when the weekend begins, im going to start stripping the entire case and painting everything, i even have somethig special planned for the righ tpannel of the case, so stay tuned!

Last edited: 20 Oct 2006
  4. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

i spent a total of 12 hours getting this thing stripped, repainted, polished, and installed dual-boot Vista RC2. Now this thing is ready for competition (Coolermaster 2006 modding competition). The deadline for entry is in a week, so im going to finish up the right side pannel by tomarrow and ill have a formal worklog made by thursday hopefully. Here are the pictures

[​IMG]
    first of all, i removed the original metal plug with a LED plug on my Res

[​IMG]
    then i took the RAD off, it was CAKED with dust

[​IMG]
    Then all the hardware out..

[​IMG]
    half taken apart...

[​IMG]
    heres a picture of how i mounted the mobo tray cover on the bottom screws on the PCI brackets, i believe i havnt posted a clear picture of yet.

[​IMG]
    Case, Rad, Radgrill, front cage, all taped off and ready for repainting

[​IMG]
    theres the grill repainted, cant really see the black because of the lighting situation..

[​IMG]
    heres the front cage, same lighting situation

[​IMG]
    heres the new paint, SO SHINEY!!!

[​IMG]
    heres a mock fit

[​IMG]
    another mock fit

[​IMG]
    wired some LED's for the front cage, in the end, i opted for only one

[​IMG]
    shakey picture of everything put back together

[​IMG]
    a better picture of the carbaon fiber on the PSU backplate

[​IMG]
    shot of the back

[​IMG]
    shot of the rad

[​IMG]
    front, (omg the cage look so COOL)

[​IMG]
    closeup of the LED situation

[​IMG]
    heres a picture of the POLISHED SCREW, it looks so shiney, i polished every visible screw on this machine (except for the side pannel ones, which i forgot to do, and will do tomarrow)

anyways, this project is coming to a close, but there is still one LAST surprise, which will be included in my final update. thanks for all the support guys, and stayed tuned for the final update!

5. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

this looks AMAZING. i love car-inspired mods, but this is just awesome. it has given me a couple of ideas for my own case (i always say that, but its true!). that paint looks really good, and the front grill- :jawdrop:
    great job, subscribed

6. accro

accro What's a Dremel?

Mod is amazing, but hey, can't you even try with the pics? it's not hard to put cam on some stabile thing, or just hold it still when youre taking a pic.

7. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

i finished the painthing, here we go:

step 1: print design from computer on the back of a sheet of XXXmain paint mask
    [​IMG]

step 2: prime the pannel, and spray a coat of white near the bottom
    [​IMG]

step 3:carefully cut the letters out and apply to the pannel
    [​IMG]
    (i know i says wave mater, it was cause i left the room fan on while i was cutting andthe S got blown away, i eventualy cut a new one)

step 4: mask of racing stripes with blue painters masking tape
    [​IMG]

step 5: paint the entire pannel with a coat of gloss black, then let it dry (sorry no progress shot :wallbash: ) then spray with multiple coats of metalic black, then top it off with clear coats

step 6: peel back letters and stripes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

step 7: instal pannel into computer case
    [​IMG]

step 8: marvel at its beauty :D

well ..first of all id like ot apologize for the delay, i had to attend a theater cometition (which me and my group won 2nd place for set design) and i had to do quite a bit of reading for school, anyways, this brings most of my project to a close, i will still be posting after i make some final adjustments to the case, and after i take soem high res pictures. thanks for reading, id like to hear your comments :thumb:

8. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

that paint really looks good. i like the little touches you do to make the case stand out (the fan, the mesh board cover, etc.). keep it up and i hope you do well at the case competition.

9. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

heres my setup as of now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the second image is a 3072x2304 @ 7 mega pixels, it was almost 4mb, photobucket reduced it to 527kb :sigh: , anyone know know where i can get a photo host that will allow me to upload full quality images?

EDIT: thank you direwolf, quality is better, but not full :\

Last edited: 1 Nov 2006
  10. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I love it, I also own a wave master, awesome job! :thumb:

11. gideon

gideon What's a Dremel?

I like your mod although it's not my cup of tea.

I also have a wavemaster, great case but still thinking of something original for it :D

12. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

Some stuff i did for the CM case mod contest:

I finally found time to have a proper photo shoot to show, as close as possible, to what my case looks in person, and get a decent shot of me, here are the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Picture of me smiling w/ the sign and my modded backpack (same theme as the case)

[​IMG]
    The only decent of me not smiling, I held the sign the wrong way in the picture, so I used paint to type it in.

Well the brings my work log to a close, and I hope you enjoy my log as much as I enjoyed making it.

13. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Uhh you look soo badboy :hehe: ;)
    Nahh just kiddin...awsome mod m8!

Last edited: 22 Nov 2006
  14. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

lol thanks, thats the look i was goin for, koreans can look pretty "bad" if they try LOL

15. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

really great mod, like the total mesh look very very good :rock: :clap:

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I don't see much of a smile in the other pic either :eek: There seems to be some flaws in the mesh-job but otherwise nice mod :)

17. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

That is a nice looking wavemaster! :thumb:

18. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

wow your really short... or the case is huge...
    lol it looks good, the stripes arnt my thing but everything else looks fantastic
    p.s does your bandana have pirates on it?

19. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

excellent work..

20. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

LOL naw man i still dont have a camer tripod so i had to put the camera on my bed, and my bed is really close to the ground so i had to kneel down and duck my head so the case, the sign and my face would all fit in the picture. And the banda... i originaly had a nice white bandana ready, but ilost it so i was forced to use the bandana i got from korea, it has a map of Jeju island as well as some cartoon pictures of villagers, i know its lame, but that all i had and i wasnt about to spike my hair up again after showering (gotta look good for the contestant pics ya'know? LOL)

thank you all for you comments! Its REALLY cool to have some of the most awesome modders on the site comment on my work and once again thank you all for supporting me Bit-tech rules :thumb: