1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Restriced Ack-Sys

Discussion in 'Modding' started by forester joe, 1 Nov 2006.

1. forester joe

forester joe shhh. can you hear your PC?

I read a lot. and I plan a lot.
    one of these days I'll get off my butt, and do the best I can to put a decint log up.

meanwhile - another Idea

I just re visited Kumo's mini-itx system
    I saw he used a key switch for what must be the power button. I have been looking for a momentary key switch. have not yet found one. any ideas?
    I want the key to act like the ignition switch. turn to close contact, and it springs back to open.

-----------

second question - if I want LCD display to be active even when the PC is off, can I use the ATX PSU for power? say a 5v line?

2. Yumadil

Yumadil What's a Dremel?

i picked up my ignition switch for my computer at a auto parts store, it is big and bulky but still adds security. It has 4 contacts, a standby, on, ground, and start. Use the start and ground for your power button because it will have to spring back action you talk about.

as for the LCD, what do you mean by wanting it on while the pc is off. Are you using a 4x40 char screen or an actual LCD? Do you want it do display something all the time even when the computer is off (that will take a lot of work)? do you want it to be on all the time but just in idle?
    If you clarify some more i'm sure people here can help you out.

3. forester joe

forester joe shhh. can you hear your PC?

thanks Yumadil.

I guess I could go for an actual car ignition switch. not my first pick.

as for the LCD - I mean a 4x40 with my name on it, to actually display it all the time. forget about the actual input to the screen.
    all I want to know is about full time power to run the display off the PSU even when the PC is off.