1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple My first Mac!

Discussion in 'Software' started by The_Crazy_Canadian, 8 Nov 2006.

1. The_Crazy_Canadian

The_Crazy_Canadian What's a Dremel?

So, i ordered a brand new core 2 duo mac book pro from the apple store (and got a good educational discount too). I've been searching for probably a year for a new laptop but i recently made my decision because my old one kept crashing. I started off as most PC users hating macs and apple in general but when the ipod came out and i managed to get a 4th gen one my hatred of apple lessened. Then my laptop started to go (i got it used 3 years ago so it owes me nothing) and i decided to start looking. Well i came to the discovery that for a decent price i could get a nice ibook but the problem was that by the time i got the money together they stopped making them. So fast forward a year and the new core 2 duo macbook pros debut. I've liked the macbook pros for awhile now and i figured that i might as well get one because it will last me at least till the end of my BA if not longer and i can use it to replace most of the functions of my desktop so i can put off getting a new desktop a little longer. so all in all I’m excited and i wish that fed ex would hurry up and get here so i can rip open packaging and take pictures.

Stats:
    15" wide screen glossy display
    2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    1440 x 900 pixels
    1GB memory
    120GB hard drive
    6x double-layer SuperDrive
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB SDRAM

Last edited: 8 Nov 2006
  2. JRY

JRY What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the forums.
    also welcome new Mac user :)
    please do share some pics.
    I have the MBP core duo myself and love it.

3. The_Crazy_Canadian

Thank you and i will be sure to post some pics when it arrives.

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

How much was it?

5. The_Crazy_Canadian

it was $1999 canadian with my educational discount and it also included free shipping. A lot of people would say that that's expensive but i look at it from the point of view of buying a buisness laptop. A comparable thinkpad is just as, if not more expensive, then the mac book pro but that's just me justifying the expense.

Tags: