1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aman, 11 Nov 2006.

1. Aman

Aman What's a Dremel?

Well I was planning to get the razer barracuda.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16826153002

But due to the bad reviews it has made my change my mind.

I need good sound and a excellent mic. I also want it to be comfortable in long periods of gaming and the sound and mic needs to be clear.

2. Aman

Aman What's a Dremel?

any decade now?

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Plantronics are great, using a audio 510usb and it's awesome for sound quality.

4. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

Speedlink Medusa 5.1 are ace.

5. Aman

Aman What's a Dremel?

ah finally some replys. I google those in a bit. :)

6. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

I bought the Plantronics DSP 500's for £26 and they've been great, really comfortable and a nice full sound but this is the first headset I've had, the rest of mine have been in-ear headphones.

7. bright_

bright_ What's a Dremel?

Reccomend the Sennheiser PC150s or PC160s (only difference realyl is larger earpieces on the PC160s) brilliant sound with good bass, and comfortable.

8. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

I'm usually one to recommend sennys too but after using a pair of (admittedly gratis) icemat Siberia's I have to say i'm impressed, really nice sound with plenty of bass and sparkle. Mic is on a lead rather than a boom but I prefer that means its not in the way all the time as I listen to music more than I play games. Useful volume control on a detachable cord.

9. Glue

Glue What's a Dremel?

Maybe someone can help me here too, I got Bose headphones but they didn't have a mic. They are so comfortable I don't even feel them, what I'm looking for, is equal comfort but one that has a microphone. I don't want none of that hard, air filled leather, once you go Bose, you never go back, it's soft as baby skin and it's filled with a foam material so it actually cushions. Bose doesn't make a headset version so does anyone know of what like these? Or does such awsomeness not exist?

10. bright_

bright_ What's a Dremel?

with how expensive they are, why don't you just buy a decent noise cancelling desk mic. :)

11. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

12. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Bit of a thread revival, just wanted to say thanks for reccomending the logitechs, just bought some and I'm glad I didn't fork over £100 for the razers that I was looking at :D

Don't know if this is a common problem (maybe i'm just a freak) but when i've been sat playing warcraft for a few hours my ears tend to get a 'lil sweaty under a foam pad, because these are open, that doesn't happen :D

13. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Glad you like them... I've just bought a set for my nephew - it's a real PITA when I can't hear him in BF2.

As for sweaty ears, play long enough and you'll still get 'em! The thing that pleased me, was the comparative lack of noise to anyone listening in, even though they are quite open.

14. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

15. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm not being funny but why...?

...when the Logitech's are great quality, all-in-one and cheaper...

16. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

Well it really depends on what you like in sound. Before I got my current stup, I was using a Plantronics Audio.90 headset. To me, the sound was really nice, but every 3 or 4 months one speaker would stop working. After going through 3 Audio.90's, I finally had enough and went with something a bit different. I have tried the Logitech Precision headset and it was just uncomfortable as hell and really didn't sound all that great. I play alot of BF2142 and with the Sennheizer/Zalman setup I can hear even the smallest footsteps creeping up behind me as there are large explosions and gunfire all over. I catch so many knifers this way. :) Sennheizers may be inexpensive, but they are rugged and the sound is awe inspiring. Whats really nice is that over time, the Sennheizers losen up a little bit and they sound even better. I've had these headphones for 4 months now and I can definatly tell the difference from when I first got them and I am very pleased. My only qualm with the Sennheizer HD-485's is that the cord is 10 feet long and finding a shorter cable is really difficult. Anyways, thats my experiance. :)

17. weknowtheworld

weknowtheworld Banned

I use Frontech... and are nice...