1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Design idea needed

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Taedir, 16 Nov 2006.

1. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

I'm just about to start my next case, thatwhichhasnotbeennamed. I have the structure done, but the right side panel is blank and it really needs something. Anyone have any ideas? Here's a sketchup of it so far...

[​IMG]

The fan in the side is 25cm and I'm trying to do a hd meter in the slots up the front. Thanks!

2. AMRGUY

AMRGUY What's a Dremel?

The glass looks cool. If there are lots of light, blue and red, it will look cool. Love it. However, i would make a cutout say "Your name".

3. mario_cell

mario_cell What's a Dremel?

Will there be a watercooling sys inside?
    Then u could put some tubes out of the right side and leed them in again.
    I will think about it.

btw: :thumb: AMAZING CASe :thumb:

4. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

erm if you had wc in there with that huge fan there would be something wrong
    looking good, you looking to do some minor mods or really wanting to go really far?

5. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys! The case exists today as a crappy server at work that is coming home with me next week. I think the thing is a PII and just acts as a proxy server. If you saw it now you wouldn't believe it is the same case as that picture. The front of the case really does look like that though which is why I jumped on it but it is just drab compaq white. No, there will not be any water cooling, I think the 25cm fan that moves nearly 100CFM at 15db will be plenty. As it is I'm doing some pretty major mods to it, possibly including chrome plating the chassis, My big worry is that the opposite side of the case is plain and really needs something. Any and all ideas are appreciated :D

6. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

Here is the side that I'm talking about. I can't figure out what to do with it to tie it into the rest. The top could use a touch too.

[​IMG]

7. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

create a logo, cut it out of thick plexi, bolt/ glue it on, and backlight it with some LED's

8. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Like the idea, looks sweet! The hugh fan, I assume it will be running slow? Just so its not to noisy?

I would engrave your name in the side or some kind of logo, or purhaps an LCD on the side so you can view temps and have songs scrolling on it.

What colours are you having inside and, when you going to start the project log?

Regards
    GiGo

PS it will look sweet!

9. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

I like that as a name and i like you design.
    T.W.H.N.B.N.?? :naughty: :naughty:

10. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

That fan runs at 600 RPM and is whisper quiet. I did try adding my name (Psykotik) to the side and it looks decent but needs a logo or something. The inside will be chrome plated and have blue lighting. I'm also going to do the fan trim ring in chrome along with a chrome with blue bulgin vandal switch for the power. I'll post the name I did in a minute.

11. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

Here ya go.

[​IMG]

12. merlin 65

merlin 65 What's a Dremel?

what colours the outside of the case going to be , painted or is it a bare alu case ??????

13. merlin 65

dont know what your case colours gonna be but heres a quicky and it is a pretty easy mask and paint job
    [​IMG]

14. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

High gloss silver with chrome accents.

15. merlin 65

lol thats my idea gone then , hope you come up with something cos the case loks great with the huge fan

16. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

How about a PCB but with a brain instead of a CPU for the logo?

17. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

I decided I didn't want a graphic, I'm looking more for a 3D element. Here's what I came up with. El-cheapo hood scoop (the real one is much better looking, I just couldn't get the compound curves right) with a modded Logisys fan controller.

[​IMG]

18. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Ey that's an idea. What about good old fashioned elbow grease and lap it? It's gonna be cheaper than chrome plating and looks just as good!

19. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Cracking idea on the scope, didnt think of that! I cant wait to see a project log, when are you going to start?

Regards
    GiGo

20. Taedir

Taedir What's a Dremel?

My boss said I could bring the server home next week, but most of the work probably won't be done until after x-mas.