1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Evil Inc. [26.11.2006]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Evil-Inc-UK, 25 Sep 2006.

1. elliod

elliod What's a Dremel?

great work man really waitng for the finished result.
    keep up the good work

2. Evil-Inc-UK

Evil-Inc-UK What's a Dremel?

Change of plan

Sorry guys for no posts lately things have gone a little wrong with the hard drive cage idea and I have given up on the particular design I was going for, however as I have still got limited resources I have been doing some thinking and getting more creative with what I can do with what I have available to me, now I have a new plan for the hard drive cage which I think is actually going to look a lot better. Picture updates coming soon.

3. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

I can't wait to see that! :)

4. Evil-Inc-UK

Hard Drive Update 26 November 2006

Well as promised I have some pictures of the latest work on the Thermaltake case this hard drive part is really starting to annoy me imp sure you guys know the feeling you get when you seem to spend hours on something and by the end of the day nothing seems to have really been achieved well that has been me for the last few days. Anyway:

Say hello to MR B&Q Mesh.
    [​IMG]

Right the plan at this stage is that I will be making the standard shape of a hard drive cage with the mesh and then using acrylic as blocks for the hard drives to sit on if that makes any sense to anyone is basically so help make the mesh more solid and with luck less vibration potential.
    [​IMG]

Due to the side of this case or should I say the lack of it internally I have decided to make the drives removable via the front of the case by taking off the front panel it will also act as a primary fixing point for the cage itself I will show you what I mean in a second.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After sizing up a few times (I really don’t like mesh when I have to precisely bend it as I have nothing here really for that purpose) the thing is starting to take shape and you get the idea of what imp planning to do.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was sure that I took a picture or two of the fixing of the cage to the case so far guess not I will post one 2morrow if I remember but yes anyway this is what I have so far apart from I got impatient and very bored of the bright silver mesh I don’t like bright things probably why me and my brain get on so well.

I know its not all painted
    [​IMG]

Probably lose some of this paint when it is fitted again but who cares I wanted to do it lol.

More updates soon, dont forget to comment on it so far.

5. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

ha ha you dont need to do that me and my uncle built the same thing and no need for accrillic blocks

the holes line up right with a hard drives lol

6. Evil-Inc-UK

They are there also for the look i plan to light the blocks with uv leds so the green shines though the mesh.

7. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

very cool hope to see it work

8. pioneer1976

pioneer1976 What's a Dremel?

interesting cant wait to see it all done