1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Mankz's WC Questions (update in Ideas!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-23315, 22 Nov 2006.

1. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I would also recommend Aqua-Computer-Berlin.de as a supplier.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

im probubuly going to, or use Aqua-Pcs, as some of my friends have good experiance with them.

3. silentphoenix

silentphoenix What's a Dremel?

I had a quick look at your diagram, and me thinks you have a problem. You REALLY REALLY want your pump to take water directly from the res (all your diagrams show the rad inbetween the 2). Im pretty sure that will be a big problem in the lopp if you go ahead with that.

Id wait around a bit and get the all clear from some of the WC dons on the forums (Nexxxo where are you dammit :p)

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

yeah, yeah, ive been thinking, and may go with a Laing DDC instead of the Aquastream. Firstly due to noise, and also becuase it has a top inlet and a bottom out let. I'll re-design in a mo.

5. silentphoenix

AFAIK the Eheim HPPS is one of the quietest pumps out there (a lil bit quieter than the DCC, but none the less then DCC is pretty quit and a beast of a performer for its size).

I think the Aquastream is based on the HPPS, right?

Also, if you are going to go with the DCC, make sure you get a real one :D:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=122485

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

its all gonna be coming from Aqua-Pc's as after a chat with a friend, he has really recomended them.

7. clocker

clocker Shovel Ready

Doesn't mixing/matching components like this result in a conflict of barb sizes?

8. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

It can be made to work, if you're willing to do a bit of hunting to find the right barbs.

As for your pump position, it doesn't matter too much, it's just about making it easier to fill. I plumbed my system so the pumps would take water directly from the reservoir, but set them up backwards, so they're pushinc coolant into the reservoir. It took longer to fill that way, but it works just fine.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

the BIP / BIX rads, the DDC and the EK Block all have G1/4" Threads, so i'll get some 8/10mm G1/4" Compression Barbs.

All of the aquacomputer stuff uses G1/8" and the Thermochill uses 3/8" BSP Threads.

Im also going to have to get a flow meter in their between the DDC and the Thermochill if possible, and also a temperature gauge after the PA 120, aswell as in the aquatube.

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

11. silentphoenix

Just a note - flow meters are also flow killers... cant comment on the temp monitor tho, but seems more usefull than the flow meter.

Have you also thought about using a Rad Box and mounting your second rad outside the case (its just that you have a sweet case and me thinks it would be criminal to hack it up)

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

i personally despise the look of a rad box. Don't worry, im pretty good with a dremel and some nail files.

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/details/wc_flow_meter.htm

shouldn't do much to the flow ???

i might also put a temp guage in the res and also after the frount rad.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

How will the EK block perform on a low flow loop?

I think your single 120mm rad is not needed with hardware you have and you only need 1 temperature probe as the heat basically spreads out evenly through the water.

15. silentphoenix

ME thinks it would look cool if you could get matching EK blocks (one for the GFX aswell), but i dont know if they made one for the 7600GT :(.

Also, if you dont mind blude hose then specialtech is flogging some cheap stuff on the bay.. search for "Alphacool Polyurethane 10mm UV Reactive Blue hose" (99p metre, £1 postage + 10p per extra metre) BUT be warned that postage will take about a week to 10 days - its they same as the standard alphacool stuff. Its pretty stiff, but OK if you dont have too tight bends (alphacool also sell ultra-flex tubing which is alot softer).

Why you ditch the PA120.2? :(.. Its most probably the best dual rad money can buy (you'd even be able to get away with just having a single dual rad for your WC loop). ITs even better than some of the cheaper 120.3 rads on the market (i think :D).

I wonder how it would look if you could fit a XSPC passive reservoir on the back of your case instead of the dual res in the case... but im sure you dont want me throughing you off course after you spent this much time just figuring out your loop :).

Best o' luck with the loop mate... may you make Slough proud ;p

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

thats very offensive to me. i DON'T live in slough.

there might be a bit more of a wait for me to order some of this stuff, as ive got some descisions to make.

a) do i want another watercooled PC
    b) do i want another PC
    c) im quite tempted to get a 24" Dell Moniter becuase there hot
    d) I just spent a couple hundred pounds on a new Snowboard and boots

17. Risky

Risky Modder

1. - Depends on your flowmeter, but yes the ones for the aquaero look a bit restrictive.

2. - Bizarrely despite it's sizethat case isn't he most ideal for W/C setups, in that you can't have a big rad without loosing slots or hacking it to bits

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Well, after a look at finances, this won't happen until i can work again next summer.

oh well.

19. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Both the Aquastream and the HPPS are based on the Eheim 1046. Both may actually be made by Eheim to their own specs.

I prefer my HPPS to the DDC and the D5.

Oh well, maybe you'll try again next year :)

20. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

so all of that effort for nothing?

Tags: