1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to get my brother for X-Mas

Discussion in 'General' started by Whelan_999, 26 Nov 2006.

1. Whelan_999

Whelan_999 What's a Dremel?

Hey
    Christmas is fast approaching and I want to get my brother something really cool this year. He's 23 and lives on his own doing an enginering degree. He just bought a new laptop (not 100% on the model or name) but it sports a 7600 gt gig of ram 15 inch screen etc and could use a new game or two.

I am going to order Caesar IV for him but I want to get something else. Does anyone in here have any neat holiday ideas for me? Or for anyone else in this kind of situation? Thanks for reading.
    Cheers,
    -aaron

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

3. Whelan_999

Thats pretty cool, only thing is they don't ship outside the US. Thanks for the post anyway
    -aaron

4. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Buy him some cheap airline flights to someplace. Now's that a suprise!

5. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

it also says get lost :duh: which i don't think he wants lol but i do like the idea if you know he wants to go some where but think about his uni work :eyebrow:

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

He goes to uni right?
    Buy him a few cases of beer/pot noodle or something. :)

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Could buy him a cheap hard disk and an icybox for it, give him an external dump drive - lappies are always short of space.

8. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

9. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

10. TMM

TMM Modder

sign him up to a tonne of gay pr0n the night before, then on xmas day say "check your email". When he does, SURPRIZE!

11. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

I hate to say that ive done that to a friend before...>_>

12. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

i've had to change email addresses before because of my little brother doing that to me... He thought it was really funny.. and then i reminded him that i wasn't the one that had to look at all the websites... he must have had nightmares.

I would suggest one of those ant farm things.. the blue jelly ones. They sit nicely by a computer screen and are great fun to look at. As long as your not paranoid, then you start thinking that every little tickle or itch is a giant ant trying to steal your skin.

13. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

It would have to be: These and a mahoosive crate of stella :D

Also, lay off the weed :thumb:

14. Whelan_999

Some great things so far, a few which are I might get. I just want something crazy and unique. And yes he is in university.
    -aaron

15. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

i'm sure if you baught him a return to Amsterdam, which is fair cheap, and few nights at a youth hostel hed bloody enjoy himself a lot! Nice girls and cheap alcohol!! what could be better ^^

16. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Fer fecks sake people, stop crapping on Amsterdam. I know lot's of people in the UK love to go there and get embaressingly(for the UK, not for themselves) drunk, piss off the locals, and generally waste their time drinking in a city that has a lot more to offer then that, but please, don't encourage it.

If you wanna get drunk you can just as easily do it in a UK city for less, if you wanna stone you can go to some crappy part of spain and do it(they already completely dispise us brits). Stop crapping on decent cities.

17. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

actually, when i get drunk, i do it in my own presence, and maybe a few friends, and i agree (no, really) that people shouldn't go there simply to drink and get pissed and stoned until they hit on the locals, and if i myself were to go there, i would enjoy all these things in my own privacy, and then site-see, eat out etc during the day.

BUT, for your average student, Amsterdam would be a lot more fun than say a holiday to Britain, where 35% of the population are complete tossers, and the other 65% are either women or decent, quiet folk. Or a holiday to somalia, I completely understand the crapping out bit, just look at ibiza, but there is no reason that good decent folk cannot go to another country and enjoy themself a bit, im sure people would come to England too if Alcohol wasn't extortionate, and the weather wasn't quite so awful.