1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: HourBeforeDawn, 10 of August

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HourBeforeDawn, 27 Oct 2006.

1. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

dam today is ur lucky day

2. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Okay folks here is a pic of the sound dampening foam that I got in yesterday

[​IMG]

This is the first piece of SD Foam that I laid into the case, as you can see this case is pretty massive

[​IMG]

And now the whole bottom of the case has been layed with SD Foam, I will have to wait until I get a few items in for this case before I can lay the rest of the sound dampening foam so this will be completed a little later down the road. ^^

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the rear of the case with the foam in place and done, ya I know you can see lines but no worries this case will be jam packed with stuff you wont be able to see the lines/space between each foam piece ^^

[​IMG]

Also I plan to use Sonex Mini Willtec professional acoustic absorption foam from mnpctech.com for all the side panels, this foam is just for areas where I need it to be as flat as possible as things will lay or be bolted down in that area.

Also the scraps of that thin foam I have left will be cut into small pads that will then be placed on all the parts that slide and then screw down to the case to add as a soft buffer to further reduce vibration and possible noise.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2006
  3. HourBeforeDawn

Im going to do the last coat of paint on the case when Im done test fitting everything, that way if I scratch it during test fit it wont be a big deal and I wouldnt have wasted time then.

4. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

looking great i cant wait to see the finished product get working fool :dremel:

lol jk i like this smilie :dremel:

i also like my dremel lol

looks cool

5. HourBeforeDawn

ya the end of this month is going to kickass, I get my secret item that I will revile to everyone once its in my possession which may require extensive modding to the case to get it to fit/work ^^ and I get a free coupon for a copy of Windows Vista Business, I know its not ultimate but free is free and the only thing missing is the Media Center stuff which I wouldnt be using anyways. I will also be getting my crappy laptop back from dell and get my dell credit cards paid off and the account closed WOOT ^^ as well as other things already mentioned in earlier post :)

So you wont see much updates happening until the end of the month as I will be busy with work and family and be poor for that time period lol

6. robodude666

robodude666 What's a Dremel?

Ohh, I just read the whole project log over and I realized my name was mentioned :clap: yay! Im famous now =P

Awesome job mate and hope the secret item fits well ;) Everyone else has to wait to find out what it is :O! HAHA xD Ohhh im evil.

Rock on mate :rock: And good luck with the girl ;)

7. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

This is getting better and better! :clap:

Keep up the good work! :thumb:

8. Ultimate Gamer

ok very cool what are you planning one of those 1K watt psu's? lol they sell um

looks good :D

9. HourBeforeDawn

nope but I do plan on buying one of those 1100watt PSU, I hope by the time I start getting the hardware that a 1200watt model comes out because thats what I really will need. ^^

ya the power company is going to love me =p

10. Ultimate Gamer

lol ya they are well i have a hiper 580watt in this comp and for my new one i got another hiper 580watt so thats over 1150 watts then my brothers computer other brothers computer and my dads comp and my dads laptop lol were proabley just using over 2000 wats in computers camers cell phones laptops monitors ect ect ect lol tvs

11. robodude666

robodude666 What's a Dremel?

Question: How is the KWh (kilowatt hour) determined? Is it the number of kilowatts used per hour? So if you have 1000W supply and it runs for an hour you pay for 1 KWh? Thats pretty crazy. Thankfully im running on a 300w supply :p

12. HourBeforeDawn

there is a ratio and what not that the power company uses but I never took the time to figure it out, also depends on who you go through as a power provider because cost may very depending on peak hours and what not.

13. Ultimate Gamer

ya my peak hours is during the day

14. pioneer1976

pioneer1976 What's a Dremel?

i must say this is looking outstanding, love the color choice. the red and black go so good together.

15. HourBeforeDawn

Well according to UPS, I should be getting my secret item that I will tell everyone about tomorrow, so expects lots of pics ^^

16. HourBeforeDawn

Alright well I got my package today and well here it is, the item that I won off of eBay for $230.00us including S&H a USED Asetek Vaporchill Phase Cooler.

The case is in rough shape but the cooler is in great condition and thats all that matters to me as I will gut it out of the case and install it into my HBD Case.

Well here are some pics;

The case (the case for the most part will be tossed):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Phase Cooler:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I will be testing the system to make sure it functions correctly and if it does I will then remove the unit and install it into the case, looks like I wont have to modify the case much to get this cooler to work. ^^

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Lucky bitch! :D

Congratulations on such a nice buy. Always wanted one of those but they're way too expensive for me.

18. Trash_Master

Trash_Master Fire in the hole!!

that looks totaly sweet :D i cant wait to see it in action :D like the black and red mix :)

19. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

That's one hell of a weird case; I've never seen a Power Supply mounted up-right. Nice find with the phase cooling, too. ;)

20. Ultimate Gamer

ya they do have cases like that but are preatty rare nice find :)