1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian Li - Coolblue

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sauceysailor, 7 Dec 2006.

1. sauceysailor

sauceysailor What's a Dremel?

Hello there
    This will be my first project log on the bit-tech forums.
    The basic plan for this project is taking my current system and watercooling it.

I currently have a Lian Li v1000b
    AMD X2 3800+
    7800 GT
    2 GB Corsair xms

There are a total of four 120mm fans (which I can barely hear), a 92mm fan and two 40mm. My system is louder than I would like it to be, and I would like to overclock it as much as possible so that led to my intrest in watercooling... plus watercooling just looks incredible!
    If everything goes to plan I should have 5 incredibly quiet 120mm fans running, and a very very cool system!

Here are pictures of my case in its current state. I am pretty happy with how the PC looks now, although I would like to replace a couple of the cables in there, and I imagine I will do so after I finish ordering all the watercooling items.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you should be able to see, I have been following a black/silver/blue theme and shall continue with all the watercooling gear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also need to get a new mouse and mousepad as mine are getting a bit old. :waah:
    [​IMG]

I should be recieving these following items in the mail fairly soon
    Aqua Computer Cuplex Pro CPU block
    Aqua Computer Aquagra FX 7800
    Aqua Computer Aquabox 5.25"
    Aqua Computer Airplex Evo Radiator 240mm
    Plug & Cool tubing
    Aqua Computer BlueMotion
    Aqua Computer grill 240mm
    Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro

I still need to order a pump, and I was thinking about the: Aqua Computer Aquastream Modified 12v Pump
    http://sharkacomputers.com/aqcoaqmoeh10.html
    I also would really like a Alphacool LCD 240x64
    [​IMG]
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=141&products_id=20599

I don't know if you can see this picture well, but it is basically my plan for the watercooling layout.
    [​IMG]
    Basically the water will be stored in the 5.25" rez bay, be sucked through the pump, pushed up through the CPU block, video card block, chipset block, then through the 240mm rad and then back to the res.

Feel free to tell me if you think my plan is faulty or have any advice comments ect. PS - please offer me any water cooling advice you can, as this will be my first WC project, and any knowledge I do have has been gathered by reading other projects.

I shall be making some big updates in the near future when my parts come in, and I get my dremel!

Last edited: 7 Dec 2006
  2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Whoa dude!
    nice setup, quick question tho.

How did you do the paint job? also what colour is that?

3. sauceysailor

Thanks, it has taken me almost two years to get all the gear I wanted for my PC :rock:

For the paint job I had to strip absolutly everything from the case, tape of the entire outside, and then paint away!
    The color what I would describe as a "baby blue" and looks really incredible in the dark with blue leds, and the cd drives, and back plates are painted with this black/grey/white textured combo that I really like.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. sauceysailor

Hello my friends

Although this is not much of an update, I would like your help (if possible). My friend Joe gave me an older car receiver that had a 6.5” screen in it with a DVD player. I took photos of there items and will post them here in hopes you will be able to help me use this screen in the project. I would like to mount it below my cd drives and have it display info about my PC (i.e. CPU/video temps, CPU/ram loads, cpu/video performance, watercooling info, ect.) The only problems is that I really don't know how to do this, or if it is even possible.

Here are the photos of what I have to work with, and I would like you guys to tell me if it is even possible for me to do so.
    [​IMG]

power/av cables (i think)
    [​IMG]

assume these are the speaker wires
    [​IMG]

the middle section that allowed the screen the move up/down/forward
    [​IMG]

back of the screen with the video input i believe
    [​IMG]

Here is the screen and where I would like it mounted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would think I would not need to use the full dvd section of the receiver, however I really don't know anythign about this topic. I was hoping to find out how to supply power to the screen and a video signal, if doing such is even possible. I would relaly appreciate any help you can give me, and will keep you updated when I receive the watercooling equipment!

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

funny thing is that im really really contimplating to re-do my case in the same colours.......but im looking round for a powercoater in my area who will do the paint job, asi think that colour combo looks sick!

6. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

i was thinking about doing the same thing with a screen in my comp, only making the track myself. i just need to find a screen i can get cheap. this case looks good, i am looking forward to more updates.

7. Glengarry

Glengarry What's a Dremel?

I really like the colours you've used in the case m8, very unusual but original. Really caught my eye :thumb:

I'll be following this log. Bring on the updates :rock:

8. Glengarry

Glengarry What's a Dremel?

Also can you tell me what PSU is that ?

OCZ Modstream ??

9. [1N0V471V]

[1N0V471V] What's a Dremel?

Yes that is an OCZ Modstream (I have one in a secondary computer... only reason I know)