1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling aqua extreme vs apogee

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-18698, 7 Dec 2006.

1. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

right i am wanting to get one or the other. and i still cant decide.

my loop will be

DDC+ 1x EK GPU block , Northchip cooler , EK res , Dual BIX stealth rad

please could some one tell me which one is the better?

i just dont like the look of the apogee but i supose its the performance i am after

after reading the long debates about this vs the g4 storm it looks to me as if the apogee is better when using it with more blocks in a loop.

i think i'll get the mp-05 !

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Dec 2006
  2. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I was going to buy the MP-05 however, after contacting DTEK regarding availability in Denmark they said wait if you can.

"We have a surprise coming in January" :naughty:

3. silentphoenix

silentphoenix What's a Dremel?

Ohhhhh.. you've got my attention now! Im wondering if they've produced a storm killer... I suppose we'll just have to wait an see.

4. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

kool !!

well i have my Danger Den TDX universal which i shall keep untill then.
    last night i actually orderd the G4 storm, but then found out how restrictive it is in a loop with other blocks, so cancelled it :(

then i was looking at the apogee which performs the same and if not better in a multiple block set up.

oh and also the MP-05 LE pro , looks to be a good block , basically the same as the storm but with a different nozzle system.

whilst reading about i also found out that the storm isnt so good with dual core processors...

hmm DTEK, didn they go out of buisness or get taken over by aquaextreme?

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

The TDX will give sufficient performance anyway.

From what I have read the Storm is the best CPU block, but only when you can maximise flow. Any more than a single CPU and GPU block and your not getting the best performance.

The Apogee does seem to pull away when additional blocks and radiators are added to the mix. The great thing about the MP-05 is that its got great performance out of the box, the additional nozzle kit allows you to customize it's use for high or restricted flow systems.

If DTEK say wait then I will wait. Cathar may have his next Storm incarnation closer to completion and there is another high performance block on the way....but cant remember who's designing it. Saw a few comments on a forum recently and the guy designing it said that it would be -10 C better... :hehe:
    not likley

Tags: