1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have a Modular PSU? Overclock? then Reply!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Superlunchbox, 10 Dec 2006.

1. Superlunchbox

Superlunchbox What's a Dremel?

Okay, simple experience question here. I don't want to hear theories, just if you have a modular PSU, and you overclock, are you stable? I've been reading a couple places that a modular PSU is less stable than a regular one. Any experiences?

Last edited: 11 Dec 2006
  2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

well i have read somewhere that the fact that the psu is modular makes one connection more for the current to go through.. if or not this makes it less stable im not sure...

3. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

marketting by Doug Dodson.

It's not a problem. Modular connections do not degrade the connection enough to worry about.

4. Superlunchbox

That's what I was hoping to hear.

5. WeldZilla

WeldZilla What's a Dremel?

That is just utter bullsh*t!! I have been using my enermax liberty for about 6 months.
    It OC's a processor as good as any other. People just have too much idle time oin their hands to dream crap up.
    Here it is Setting a world record for the 3.4ghz presler in 32m super pi.
    [​IMG]
    and here is a shot of my other Enermax Liberty powered Conroe 6600 checking in with a 32m time that keeps me in the top 100 in the world for 32m
    [​IMG]
    oh and hey try this with your 7900gt and your e6600 with a standard cpu
    [​IMG]
    Hey I am pretty happy with my modular psu,I think I'll keep it!

WZ

6. Superlunchbox

Thanks, I was just curious. I didn't really believe it to be the case anyway. Just wanted someone like you to post some real numbers.

7. WeldZilla

WeldZilla What's a Dremel?

Hey you are more than welcome. There are many myths about a lot of pieces of harware on all the forums. I have had many people chime in and tell me that my psu is too underpowered too. but, it's not. the key is just get a psu right from the start, modular or not.

WZ

8. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

Hey WZ, congrats on the scores!

Just to throw a little fuel in the fire.... those enermax's are modular except for the mobo power leads so doesn't that make it a moot point that it's classed as modular? Don't get me wrong, I think the hype is BS too, just trying to compare apples to apples.

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

see sig...and for about 6 months now...no issues whatsoever, except that i think i may have burned my vid memory :duh: