1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod of the Year 2006

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 11 Dec 2006.

1. jeff127

jeff127 What's a Dremel?

I had to vote for Dark Blade as I have been reading the log from the start and it has inspired me several times over!

2. Ediejo

Ediejo What's a Dremel?

I do not vote for me the all winners. And every mod has his own speciality. In my eyes there a 5 or 6 mods who can go for that title. So it's up to you.

I think Dark blade for nr 1. :clap:

I only hope that green sabbath have some more luck now. So nr 2 :rock:

3. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

My vote goes to my friend Tech-Daddy for BOSS.
    I have to say also I love extreme mods, but I have total respect for a case mod, as I have a harder time imagining how to mod a case then start from scratch.

4. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

WMD it is :)

5. scarecrow

scarecrow What's a Dremel?

Honostly I think Sangaku is the winner just due to lack of heavy machinery and the difficulties with working with wood. No bolts or anything that is crazy and it is a piece of art. Unique for Sure so my vote goes there. Though this is a tough competition some crazy stuff up there.

6. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

i would vote but i dont see gunsmiths case mod in there :(

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

It was done in 2005, that's why. This is for case mods that were finished during 2006. :)

8. GoTaLL

GoTaLL What's a Dremel?

sweet :)

9. shomann

shomann Minimodder

The way I see it, these are all first-class works of art. I am floored by the ingenuity of a modification when I think "how did they come up with that" and I border on jealousy when I see a custom case spring up from nothing.

That said, I voted for WMD. The thing that really does it for me is that it is a great design from start to finish that follows a theme perfectly. I wish I could vote for more than 1!

P.S. You know, there really should be 2 categories here, one for mods and one for custom case design.

10. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

doh stupid me :wallbash: :D time for a rethink

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I agree. While I really loved about half of the mods - each of which were done VERY well in their own respect, there's just something about the style of that mod that always sat right with me. Something about it's rather serene nature and not being in-your-face - the latter certainly can work, but I've often found that less (or, perhaps, lots of subtlety) is more.

12. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

hard to decide between sangaku and Silent ContexYZ - although i was really impressed with the latter the craftsmanship involved int he former was phenomenal :idea:

13. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

WMD, not only is it cool as hell (please excuse the oxymoron lol..) but it integrates form and function very well IMO

14. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Well Hell is theoretically endothermic.

Anyways, I can't honestly decide, I have followed all these mods, and have been with G69T from the start, but they are all so good, will have to think on this one.

15. moimit

moimit What's a Dremel?

I voted for Sangaku and i thought it was the most alternative mod, i'm not talking about the shape but about the craftmenship with the Woodwork. i wish i could make something like that. I do like all of these mods though and all of these guys deserve to get some recognition.

OMG i thought that was tim in his avatar for 2 years now. Kind of made me upset finding out its not. but great stuff the office.

16. sparkyftw

sparkyftw What's a Dremel?

sangaku is truly the best. The time put into that was amazing. So much detail in the frame alone. (detail work)

I like WMD also.

BF2142 is ok, but it didn't seem that innovative. And it is kind of boring

Edit:
    I also like temple of Nod. Very well done.

It is a tough choice between nod and sangaku

Last edited: 12 Dec 2006
  17. scarecrow

scarecrow What's a Dremel?

Sangaku all the way you got to take into account the special skills needed to work with wood expecially of that caliber.

18. sparkyftw

sparkyftw What's a Dremel?

plus it was his first case mod. That is a pure show of skill

19. feldm4n

feldm4n What's a Dremel?

I can't agree more Tech Daddy. To even be voted next to these modders is good enough for me. I will be voting though after i look all of them over again. I always had a thing for Dark Blade though :/ Even though its CNC, it was a marvel in coming up with the CAD for it, and the spine look on the back just gets me EVERY time! Still that is not for sure my vote i will go over them again. Thanks for the honor of being placed to any of these again.
    -Matt

20. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

i voted for Dark Blade, but i was torn between that, and both sangaku, and WMD.

I think its a bit pathetic to say "oh he has huge CNC machines to do it and other people don't" because it's how you use what you've got, not what you've got. G69T proved he knows how to use what he had. The mathmatical precision, the thoughts processed, the [cliche]execution[/cliche], and the outcome of such a huge venture gave birth to an ergonomic and very stylish and original case.

I do feel however that everyone did a stunning job, and if it wasnt for the milling genius of G69T, then i would probably have voted for Sangaku for exactly the same reasons.

Tags: Add Tags