1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U The Wii!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Firehed, 20 Nov 2006.

1. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i got into boxing a bit much....

2. jakeiswicked

jakeiswicked What's a Dremel?

Aww... cant use mine till Christmas since its a Christmas present :waah: Well at least im getting one :rock:

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Yay! Picked mine up, just about to open it now. :D

Apparently my Woolworths didn't get any until today, the rest of them are all in Germany. No copies of Wii Play left, and the store hadn't received any copies of Zelda at all.

At least I got Rayman though. :D

Pics to follow. :)

4. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Rayman (imo) is pretty good fun actually. Just been playing Zelda (for the last 3h 20 mins apparently) and I must say it's excellent. What the Wii lacks in graphics ability it really makes up for in the games like this. Top stuff :thumb:

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've just bought a Wii on eBay. Considering they were selling for almost £400 yesterday (one went for £500) and they're averaging around the £260-80 mark at the moment, I think I got a bargain at £286 including Zelda. What am I... INSANE?! A BARGAIN?!

I really couldn't help myself tbh.

Now the nervousness of a post-eBay purchase is kicking in... *crosses self and prays*

6. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I thought it would be fun, but not this fun!

4 people + 4 Wii remotes + beer = hours of fun!

Now I've got to rest my poor aching arms :duh:

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I swear that this console is going to be all i need to to to keep in shape over winter. Boxing takes it out of you. Especially 2 player :D Gotta love beating up your virtual grandad! He does like the golf though :p

8. Star

Star What's a Dremel?

I cant find one anywhere, does anyone know where to get them? Anyone!

9. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

I really really really want a Wii.

But I can't afford it :waah: Well, I can, but then I'd pretty much be broke and never see my friends again.

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Looking over the auctions today, I'm pretty satisfied with how much I've ended up paying on wiiBay. Sadly I won't be able to play with it till Christmas, so I got myself something to go with it today just to look at and drool:

[​IMG]

Again considering how much these things are going for on wiiBay, I'm pretty chuffed I snagged one at RRP from HMV today.

So Chrimbo day = Wii Play + Wii Sports + Zelda

AWESOME.

11. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Zelda is VERY good I might add. If you enjoy a good yarn and some annoying puzzles its great.

If you are looking for games the cheapest place I found so far in actual fact is ASDA. They are selling games at £34.96 each :)

12. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

what games here do other people own, im tryung to work out what to get my brother but he doesnt like mini games so that kills half the launch titles lol.

anyone got opinions on either far cry, red steel, super mokey ball or tony hawks? they look like good choices to me, id get zelda as it looks brilliant but story driven games arent his thing

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I just sold my copy of of Super Monkey ball as it really just (imo) wasn't as good as SMB2. Something just didn't feel right about it to me.
    Far cry just looks plain horrible if you already the the PC version and Red Steel is meant to be very, mediocre.
    Obviously though reviews are really subjective. Just remember though if you don't like the game after you've played it GAME no longer accept returns (they wouldn't accept SMB:BB back and offered a rather lame trade in of £25).

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Red steel is hard to get into, and i think the controls are a bit sluggish but i've had a good 3 hours on it now (been playing zelda mostly which is awesome) and i've got the controlls good, and its really enjoyable. Although i would compare it to that hero ps2 game in the way that everything seems totally staged... like sword fights arn't sword fights because you've run out of bullets, its cos u have to retain honour.... I'd rather put a bullet inbetween his eyes sometimes as i'm about to die and it seems like the easy option.

15. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I nipped over to New York with a friend of mine to get a Wii, well that is to say he went to get a Wii, I went to get drunk. I didn't buy one myself, haven't got much interest in the thing, but I was absolutely blown away by the scale of the shafting that we (that is to say those of us in the UK) get on those things. The Wii games were $50, or £25, over there. In fact almost all of the console games were about $50, usually a little less. And this was over the counter in shops, not online where things are traditionally cheaper. Anywho he's basically bought every Wii game there is for a pittance so I'll pass on any recommendations. Folk are raving about Zelda though, word is that it might be a classic.

Think the guys over at Sony must be in tears though. To get the Wii we basically had to go from the bar we were in straight to the big new Nintendo store at chucking out time, 4am in NYC. So we get there 4:30am or so and the line is about fifty people. By opening time it's stretching around the block, in sub zero temperatures. For the PS3 though, hell I could have picked one of those up in any one of a dozen stores.

16. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

Really? So the world's press is lying to us all then...? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6154376.stm

You missed a trick dude, PS3's are sell for about £2000 and you could have picked up over a dozen? Sounds like you found the end of the rainbow to me...

17. ChriX

ChriX ^

Thanks for the tip! Went and picked up Rayman today, enjoying it so far :D

The whack a rabbit thing is genius!

18. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

The FPS bit with the sink plungers looks QUALITY. This is a game I want, although I must confess to complete apathy towards the previous Rayman franchise.

19. Dr_Wo_69

Dr_Wo_69 What's a Dremel?

Boxing is REALLY fun, too much fun, my arms and shoulders have been hurting for the last two days, but no pain no gain!

Pretty impressed so far, didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I am!

Out of interest, the blue light for the disc drive, is it supposed to stay on while the games in, because mine flicks on then stays off, I thought it was meant to stay on and look all blue and groovy

20. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

"The Disc slot light briefly illuminates when the console is turned on, when connected to WiiConnect24 and when receiving new data, such as messages, and upon having selected "Bright" or "Dim" in the "Slot Illumination" settings for WiiConnect24. The disc slot light does not stay illuminated during game play or when using other features of the Wii console." - Wii on Wiki

Tags: