1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Servos

Discussion in 'Modding' started by D3DAiM, 10 Dec 2006.

1. D3DAiM

D3DAiM Slightly Stupid.

And what would that help? For some reason, people are telling me to un-modify my servo and limit the rotation lol

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I still don't see how a servo can be unmodded. Once you remove the stop on the potentiometer shaft, there's no gluing it back or attaching another piece with the same precision.

Dude, plan everything out first completely. I really don't see how a standard (un-modified) servo can help you accomplish what you want to do.

Oh, so the LCD/tray will slide out, pop down, and then drop? Is the servo intended to help lower the LCD, raise the LCD, or both? If you're relying on gravity to help pop the LCD back in, you might need different mechanisms here. One servo to pop it out, another to pop it back in. It could work, but I just can't visualize it.

3. D3DAiM

D3DAiM Slightly Stupid.

No, I just need the servo to push the LCD out and as it comes sliding out of the bay, it is also falling down. The LCD will have some roller wheels or something underneath it so it is a smooth drop out. When the servo spins the opposite direction, the LCD retracts and straightens out as it enters the 5 1/4" bay again. (again, rolling on roller wheels)

4. h_2_o

h_2_o What's a Dremel?

the easiest way i have found to accomplish what you are looking for is done with phidgets. google them and see if you can get them where you are at. they use small servo's used for radio control applications with a usb interface. they provide a nice api that is easy to code little things with.

5. D3DAiM

D3DAiM Slightly Stupid.

very cool little things, but the servo controllers are about $75 :\

a bit out of my price range..