1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sandisk ships Sansa with FM tuner

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 13 Dec 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

I think I'll be getting one of those next year. Even without the radio it's a great deal. I just wish they'd start to include DAB radios instead of FM, or even better both.

3. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Hell, I'd use anything over an Apple iPod, even if it could play music. ^___^ An FM tuner isn't such a bad idea, actually. It means that people don't necessarily need to download music to listen to it, they can simply tune into their favourite radio station.

4. mashles

mashles What's a Dremel?

The sansa e2xx has always had an fm radio in it, its just the EU firmware had it deactivated because theres some radio fee thing they would have had to pay, thus putting the price up. People just put the US firmware on them to get radio though, so i guess they decided they might aswell make a version with radio in the EU.

5. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

thanks for clearing that up mashles, i was just about to say that theyve always had an FM tuner (that you can record from!) in fact i think i might pick one up for my girlfriend for christmas

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The only thing that puts me off a Sansa is the lack of anything around the 20GB+ size.
    If I'm going to take music with me I want to take the whole lot ;)

7. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

so im guessing you could save teh price premium the radio one has by just putting different firmware on the base model.. also its not an mp3 player ive heard of before, theres so many different oens after all. but it does look a nice alternative to an ipod

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

man i so need to get me a sansa, damn xmas getting in the way and eating up all of my money!

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

nice.... my next mp3 player and pen drive....

10. Autobot

Autobot What's a Dremel?

I have the SanDisk Sansa E250R and its really nice. I think it has alot of features that puts the Ipod Neener to shame. Not only does it have fm radio, but you can record from the radio, record your voice, has a rechargable battery that the USER can change and has a small slot on the right side that accepts a Micro-SD card. The interface is really easy and the sound it great, especially when you get yourself a good set of headphones. If you get the E250R you get a bunch of preloaded music and software that updates the music to whats new, but the preloaded music takes up ALOT of space. The preloaded music takes up about 1.5GB of space. If you get the basic E250 you get no preloaded music, but you can use software to hack the interface to fit your taste. Whats really nice about the whole Sansa E200 line is that the aftermarket accessory manufacturers are taking ahold of this new MP3 player like they did with the Ipod Nano with everything from cases to radio bases.

Tags: Add Tags