1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Crossfire Bridge cables... where to get them?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SteveB, 13 Dec 2006.

1. SteveB

SteveB What's a Dremel?

Hi ,
    I just built a system for a friend using a couple of MSI X1950pro gfx cards which I intended to run in Crossfire mode. Despite being advertised as 'Crossfire Ready' there was no internal Crossfire bridge cables supplied with the cards. I've got the system up and running but obviously i cant enable Crossfire without the cables... The only place I can find that lists them is ATI in the USA, but they wont ship overseas. Can anyone put me onto a UK based supplier for these cables?... I cant believe I'm the first to have this problem.

thanks
    Steve

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Are you sure you bought a master card? Don't they only supply them with a master card?

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Contact MSI, they manufactured the cards, they should provide the cables.

4. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

your supposed to get one with each card, as you need two for it to work. as above contact msi as its their mistake

5. SteveB

SteveB What's a Dremel?

Ok guys... I'll try MSI

BTW Krikkit; with the X1950 cards you dont have a master card

6. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

i remember reading a review on a x1950pro (think it was asus) and they had two versions. One card with the crossfire bridge, and one without. the one with been sold for £5 more, so i dont know if msi are doing this also.

7. SteveB

SteveB What's a Dremel?

I KNOW I need the cable... in fact i know i need two of them.... Question is WHERE to get them :confused:

I've dropped MSI an email to their 'sales' email address... I'm not holding my breath for a reply :rolleyes:

8. Trevelyan

Trevelyan What's a Dremel?

If youre anywhere near Bedford, in the UK, you can have mine!

9. SteveB

SteveB What's a Dremel?

I'd be pleased to give you something for them... please check your private messages.

Steve

10. SteveB

SteveB What's a Dremel?

Well MSI have not replied to my email (no surprise there :miffed: ). It looks like if i want to run Crossfire with my 'Crossfire ready' cards I've got two options:

1. Find a kind soul in the USA who will order up a couple of cables from ATI's US site and send them to me... (I could pay him with Paypal or similar).. I do have some friends in the USA who may do this if i ask nicely but delivery is sure to take some time.

2. Find two people in the UK who have Crossfire Bridge cables that they don’t need and come to a 'deal'... i may have one volunteer so far... any more out there?

It's a bit frustrating that I need to go to these measures to get functionality that was 'advertised on the box'... but that's the fun of building computers I guess :wallbash: Fortunately my workmate, who I built the computer for, is being understanding.

11. SteveB

SteveB What's a Dremel?

Eureka!

I've found a supplier who has just got them in stock (today). They are in the USA but do free global shipping: http://www.svideo.com/cr.html

:D :clap: :D

Tags: