1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Wii price drop set for "Spring 2007"

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chuff_72, 18 Dec 2006.

1. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

Source: Engadget (no link - sorry)

This is not confirmed as of yet, and I seriously doubt it will be, but you never know, I seem to recall the N64 doing the same thing, but that was a console in trouble so...

Anyways, apparently the price drop will coincide with the release of 4 (5) new colours, red, green (!), black (europe), blue, and silver and the launch of Wiiconnect24 (or whatever it's finally called).

It may convince me to buy one (for Metroid), but seriously I can't see this happening yet.

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

as far as I know the "wiiconnect24" is the service everyone is already using but we will start to see the first games that use it early next year. As for colours, That wouldn't surprise me either but a price drop? I'm doubtful, but ya never know with these things.

3. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Why would they do that if they can't make enough consoles to fulfil demand now, only 3 months earlier?

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

yeah if everyone if after one there not going to drop the price.

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

black wii?

red slot light, surely? PLEASE?

6. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i really want one... but if they do bring out more colours.. i'd rather have one of them... they should bring them out earlier...

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You do know that its easy as pie (as long as you have a good iron) to change the LEDs?

8. Chuff_72

Hey, I agree that a price drop makes no sense at the moment, but 360 looks set to drop their price, which will take the core pack within a whisker of the Wii price point, Sony have already dropped the price of their console in Japan, maybe they'll do the same for Europe, and perhaps Nintendo are aware that every Game and Gamestation has a 360 pod showing off it's shiny graphics...

Joe Average: I want a new console
    SA: I recommend a 360 or Wii
    Joe: They cost the same and one is oh so shiny
    SA: True but one has a great bowling game...
    Joe: Right...

So maybe a price drop is more a possibility than we would like to think. :sigh:

9. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

the only reason i havent got one is the fact that i want a black one.

10. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Are different colours really that desirable? I mean, are you sure you want one for the right reasons?

11. Chuff_72

Wow there, he's not choosing a religion or anything, dude wants a black one, he's happy to wait, in my book that shows restraint and good judgement, why compromise on your ideals? It's a video games console, not a way of life, I think you may have bought into the Big N a bit too much, clearly dude doesn't want to play bowling as bad as you.

12. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Well yes course i want it for the right reasons, but i want it to match it with my Black DS when im using it for a extra controller....BTW has anyone actually done this or tested this?

I do like the console but previous experiance with a £280 GC has somewhat put me off from getting something at the day of release. And besides hopefully if i wait for the black one it will be the updated version.

@chuff : lol! thanks matey!

13. Dr_Wo_69

Dr_Wo_69 What's a Dremel?

I'm here for the boxing, wait a minute my batteries ran out in my controller, wheres my play n charge kit for my Wii?

Nintendo should do the sensible thing and release Super Punchout using the controllers, beating Gabby ("Gay") Jay down would be lots of fun.

14. mushky

mushky gimme snails

indeed.

I wasn't referring to him in particular. I don't really understand the whole different colour thing. It sits under your TV and plays games. Not what I would call a fashion accessory.

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

With demand this high, why would they drop the price? They could raise the price and still have people desperate to get one.

Unless they produced a version minus Wii Sports and knocked off $20? Seems extremely unlikely.

16. jeff127

jeff127 What's a Dremel?

Yep thats the same reason I'm waiting on a black Wii. I hope that they do atleast release new colours in Spring but a price drop is always nice. :D

17. Fod

surface mount stylee? dunno matem that's probab;y slightly beyond my skill.

besides, the wii still needs to be black!

and those people saying that they want the DS to match their wii, haven't you heard about complementary colour schemes!?

18. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Why would you want your DS to match your Wii? I'm not trolling here, just curious.

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

My understanding is that the problem is more in the supply chain (read: shipping) than with the manufacturing. That's to say, they need faster boats.

Could be totally wrong, of course, but I seem to remember reading that a couple times.

LED modding does sound fun... I wish I read this thread a few hours ago. I was just at the mall and could have picked up some alternative colors at RadioShack :/

20. Fod

i foresee a 'pimp my wii' thread appearing shortly on this forum...

Tags: