1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Are Marshall

Discussion in 'General' started by bloodcar, 21 Dec 2006.

1. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Anyone else going to see this? Normally, I wouldn't go watch the "underdog football team put up their best to over try and overcome the odds" type of films but where Marshall University is only a 45 minute drive from where I've lived my whole life, I'll see it. I've heard the story for as long as I can remember so it'll be nice to see it portrayed on the big screen. They actually did a large part of the filming up in Huntington and had the World premier there a few weeks back complete with green carpet.

Official website here for more backstory on what happened.

Trailer is here.

2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Meh. I can appreciate what the real folks went through and we can all be proud of their achievement, but I'm getting tired of all the "underdog-overcoming-adversity" football movies. I'll be skipping this one.

-monkey

3. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

They didn't really overcome adversity though, they only won two (I think) games that season and didn't win very many games for the next couple of years.

4. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

Its a football movie so I'll probably watch it, the actors should be decent and its going to have the typical story arc (of almost every football movie) but it should be worth a watch