1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics xbox powerboard>pc powerboard

Discussion in 'Modding' started by -Rosen-, 19 Dec 2006.

1. -Rosen-

-Rosen- What's a Dremel?

one of the plans with my ongoing mod is to use tha standard "power on" board from an xbox, my plan is to use the outgoing cables from the board and solder them onto my pcs board, the thing is that i don't have any idea of what each cable goes to. so i was wondering if anybody has done this and how they did it? i want the power on button to work and i want one of the leds the function as the pwr led and the other one as the hdd led. i dont have any resett button on the pcs card so that wont be any consern.

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

1 - GND
    2 - Power Button
    3 - GND
    4 - Eject Button
    5 - LED 2 Green
    6 - LED 2 Red
    7 - LED 1 Red
    8 - LED 1 Green
    9 - Not Used

Not sure the order from where you look, but thats what I found out

3. -Rosen-

-Rosen- What's a Dremel?

wow thanks, now all i need to know is how to solder them onto my own board. since the powerbutton is only one cord, how do i connect them to my powerbutton that has four solderpoints. and another thing, can i use both of the colours on the xbox since my leds are only one coloured. of course the same problem that i have with the powerbutton applies with the leds to (two cables, 5 solder points)

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The LEDs and Buttons should only use two lines each.

+/- for the LEDs
    +/GND for the Buttons

rewire the Eject to the Power (as thats the bigger one) and the power to the reset (smaller)

RED probably to HDD, Green to Power led.

5. -Rosen-

-Rosen- What's a Dremel?

goddamn worthless piece of **** shuting down when i was almost done with the post :wallbash:

when you refeer to "bigger button" do you mean the acctual bigger button on the console? if thats the case i wont rewire them since the buttons have the correct symbols.

okay to the wiring, i still dont really understand how it should be done but ill try to explain what i dont understand/what i do understand (or think i do)

the leds on the xbox has tre solderpoints so i figured that its two + (red/green) and one - but the leds does only have two cables going from the curcuitboard each (red/green) how come? so the powerbutton has two cables +/gnd but on wich solderingpoint on my pcs board should i solder them?

6. -Rosen-

-Rosen- What's a Dremel?

7. -Rosen-

-Rosen- What's a Dremel?

bump again