1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WC LianLi pc70 - 7 Jan

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by cannon, 9 Nov 2006.

1. chase

chase What's a Dremel?

number 3 ;)

2. WiK1d

WiK1d What's a Dremel?

#2...Follows the Tubing

3. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

its just sexier than the rest

4. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Thanks everyone - will have a play and see how it goes.

I hope this bit makes sense!
    Would it be worthwhile lengthening the top section of number 2 so it starts at the tubing of the radiator, that way if im not getting enough fresh air in though the front it can suck it in through the mesh?

Jipa - thats me in the pics sorry to get you excited!

Thanks for the comments!

Paul

5. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

you can make it equal size to the bottom one, it would look nice... :)

6. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

On another note, why not face the drives the other way so you cant see the cables at all? Thats what I do..

7. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that, originally toyed with the idea but because I run the sata DVD driver I could use the 90 degree SATA power and data cables. Just ment that I could keep them all together as best as possible - helps that they all line up directly too!

Paul

8. aVToV|S|On

aVToV|S|On What's a Dremel?

hello, at first .. i want to say that this case is simply awsome. i like simplycity alot... and that case it's simple and beautyful.

In your place, i would leave the case just like it is now :D

9. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Cheers, thanks for that.

So you think just replace the perspex to get rid of that suck hole and thats it?

Im getting a bit that way the more I look at it, but just not to sure.

Paul

10. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

This may have already been mentioned somewhere that I missed, but generally a positive pressure (i.e. more fans in than out) will avoid dust.

The reason for this is simple - with positive air pressure the air in your case is trying to 'force' it's way out. air will be pushed out of all the little nooks and crannies around the case.

With negative pressure (i.e. more fans out than in) the air will be drawn in through any little gaps, crevices or any areas that are 'meshed', due to the lower pressure in the case.

Basically, with positive air pressure in the case, air will only be coming in through fans that are drawing the air in (as the air inside will already trying to force it's way out). This means that as long as you put filters on your intake fans, you can control dust levels.

Granted, you have to clean your fan filters more regularly, but it sure beats cleaning the whole damn case regularly.

On a side note, whilst positive air pressure helps with dust, negative pressure actually aids airflow through the case.

Oh, and nice mod by the way :thumb:

11. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

as far as the designs go, i would go with #2, but make the right side taller, so it covers up more of the hdd cage. dont completely cover it though, the hole in the cage for the res is pretty badass. if you go with #2, i think you would also need to make that res hole a different, more swoopy shape. the square would clash with the curves too much i think.

12. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Defenitly #2!

13. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

+1 for two, it's a lot nicer than just ordinary strait lines - curves always add fluidity to the case, and on most occasions, it just brings the whole project together.

Just my .02 GBP.

Loving the work so far matey, very nice. If only I had the cash for this kind of hobby.....

:D

Joe

14. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

putting clothes is one suggestion... lol

15. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

morning all,

thanks for the responses, looks like two it is.

sorry for the late reply, ive been away in Thailand for the last two weeks :)

I start back at work this week so i doubt any work will be done until next weekend, maybe just the draw the template onto the panel.

Im also chasing more of the led strips to light up the cpu area - if you check any of the pics with the lights on its easy to notice its lacking.

Im still not sure about the fans, they are still a tad noisy being undervolted but its a minor issue, the noise isnt annoying. With my chosen water kit, turning the fans up to 12v does not affect the water temps at all which is good, so I may just opt for some quite scythe fans, any suggestions?

Ive ordered a Razer AC1 sound card which should be there in the first week of FEB along with a set of the Razer HP1's the headphones.

I got a razer copperhead for xmas and I love it, that said my previous mouse was the razer boomslang 2000 http://www.dansdata.com/boomslang.htm :)

Thanks for all the comments!

Paul

16. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

the headphones and the sound card would be a very nice addition to your oh so magnificent system... Simple, tidy and efficient (very good dremelling too).

17. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Alright - finally somewhat of an update.

Seems I am in the process of moving house/buying a new place so I wont get too much work done in the next month or so.

Im still working on sketching out to design on the side panel. Finding it hard to know how much border to give it without blocking the entire res window.

The soundcard and headphones arrived a while back and are fantastic. Im running vista business (dual boot with XP) and all seems - gaming seems quicker and there are some features of the OS (not the gui) that I love.

I have noticed that the ram is getting very very hot - so thinking about installing two of these on the rear fans to direct the pulling of air over the ram.
    http://www.pccasegear.com/prod759.htm

Thoughts?

Cheers
    Paul

18. compmodder

compmodder What's a Dremel?

i think they are pretty awesome, looks like they may work, with slight sacifice to minimal noise gain

19. Hazza

Hazza What's a Dremel?

Those ducts look like a pretty good idea.
    For fans, I guess you're looking for some that are quiet even at 12V so they don't need (much if any) undervolting? Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 are supposed to be pretty decent, as are Akasa Amber Series and SilenX.

20. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Cheers,
    To tell you the truth ive been keen to swap the fans but not keen to pull apart the case - mainly the front panel to work it. But it does need to be done.

Fans im looking at are Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Fan SFF21E mainly due to fact I can access them easily.

Would you have any suggestions on quick connects for the power to the fans?

Cheers
    Paul