1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Another orgasmic crysis video

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Glue, 6 Jan 2007.

1. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

^ Not really no! I like the radiation notifier of it, but other than that it serves no purpose but to make the game easier for you! I'd have much preferred him to be suitless..

The 2 games that have the human aspect most right for me so far are:

FarCry;
    2 short bursts from any weapon and you're dead, 1 to 2 swipes from a trygen, and you're dead. Perfect IMO.
    And
    MGS: Snake Eater;
    With the whole mending of bones, cuts etc or if left untreated will hinder you. Although it was still a bit too easy to continue with several borken limbs and multiple gunshot wounds =P

2. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Yeah I know. I like games where only a few shots can kill you. I agree, the whole speed and jumping 50 feet seems a little ridiculous. I prob won't use them unless I have to.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

But, the whole point is that your one man against an army.... surely if anything being able to kill an army while using a cool uber suit is more realistic than any other FPS where your meant to be this average guy with a mission and a pocket full of munitions.

4. overdosedelusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

This man killed 700+ people in WW2 without the aid of a super suit. And that was with 1930's munitions. I like a game where being shot once will hinder you, rather than the ability to heal automatically with the aid of nano-tech healing pads within a suit of scientifically impossible gadgetry that you have to charge. GRAW is a personal favourite, although being shot wont hinder you, it's way more realistic than any other FPS out.

Basically, I just hate uber-suits. Even if by some scientific miracle we make a suit that can enhance every neuron in the body, there is no way you could jump that high.. Ever.. There's no way you could run that fast. Ever. Full Stop.

5. will.

But, thats why its a game... Fair enough if it was a WWII shooter, but there are aliens and big spaceships in this game...

Oh, and being a sniper, even in my limited knowledge is a far cry (haha!) from being a ground troop and probably a lot easier (relatively speaking) to rack up the kills and stay alive.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I don't like the once man against all concept, but this game looks worth it... that's why I didn't care for the earlier Medal of Honor games either, you're like one man killing everyone

7. overdosedelusion

Yes but my point remains the same. Aliens are at least a tiny bit concievable, after all we can only see an incredibly minute way into infinite space so who knows what's out there. Suits that can make you jump 4 meters in the air onto a roof, and another 4 meters, and landing safely after a total of 8 meters without so much as a strain on the knee caps!??! Suits that can have you accellerating at the same rate as moto GP bikes!??! I'd be believing in Aliens way before I'd believe that's possible! It's not set that far in the future (2019, just 12 years)! And if the Koreans have weapons with iron sights then we're likely playing on a timeline where we haven't even develloped nanobots(10-9 metres) able to enhance body function and heal wounds. So the whole suit theory in near enough any game is completely unbelievable. Sorry.

If it had just the aliens with no special suits.. I'd believe it a far more pheasable game.

Also.. he had 200+ kills with a machine gun too ;)

8. will.

yea, i'll just say what I said before...

Tis a game, just for giggles. :D

9. overdosedelusion

lol, fair enough :p agree to disagree

10. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

Still looks good .. want it now ! :D

11. will.

agreed :D

12. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

The graphics are nice, but there's nothing about the gameplay that appeals to me at all. The modular weapon and it's ammo types look arse. The super suit is neither big nor clever. The plot looks stupid. Bleh. They will have to really nail the gameplay in spite of those failings for me to bother with it.

Remember kids, it's an EA game now, expect it to look fantastic until the very second you've paid for it.

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I agree... I prefer a stealthy attack and it's just not the same with trigens.

Anyways, trailer looks most sweet. Of course, I wouldn't trust my pretty decent-spec system to run it well.

And Hovis, EA is, AFAIK, only doing distribution, no production. So, just pressing the DVDs and sending them out to stores. Which still sucks, but at least they didn't do any coding.

14. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

705 kills in 100 days that guy had to be using bannana nut muffin tech with his gun. THat the only way you get that many kills.... (i think its a hack)

15. Glue

Glue What's a Dremel?

EA is only publishing the game, IE. Distribution, promotion, release, etc...

16. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

That's not far enough away from the process for me to trust it.

17. -SD-

-SD- What's a Dremel?

Tags: