1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IsoHunt targeted by MPAA

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 19 Jan 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Nice to hear the homeland (Canada) does have more user-friendly laws when it comes to copyrights than the US.

But I fear it's only a matter of time before the US leans northward and attempts to enforce it's own pervert copyright ideals on Canada. Be it politically or through some other economic fashion that barely conceals it as blackmail.... :rolleyes:

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Good to hear ISOhunt will probably be getting an upgrade, always a handy site to find those few hard to find items.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

all i can say is: LOL pwnd!!!

lets hope that the USA wont try to change laws in Canada by means of blackmail and sanctions.

5. CoolFox

CoolFox What's a Dremel?

I'm sure candada has more dirt on the US then the US has on Canada. Maybe my friendly neighbors to the north will knock some sense into the whole ordeal.

6. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

It's only a matter of time before We (Canada) fall in line with these US regulations.

Our politicians are just as willing to sell their people, as the American ones are.

What Big Business wants, Big Business gets. :/

Aggies

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Canada kicks a$$!!! W00T!

ok, maybe for now lol but it aint gonna stay this long for sure....... eh? :p

8. randosome

randosome Banned

well played RIAA, you have now just massivly advertised a torrent site, and failed in actually bringing it down - smooth move

On the upside, its good to hear they will be back online, its 1 of my favorite torrent sites, for legal content of course :dremel:

9. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Even if isoHunt died, torrent sites are like TIE fighters, for every 1 destroyed 1000 more pop up in its place.

Just another fruitless battle for RIAA.

It seems many of them are just leaving the country and their so called "authority"

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

darn i use them alot too. :( hurry up and get back into the action ISOHunt

11. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Ha, its like a hydra, cut off one head and two grow back. The US should realize they can't solve this problem with fancy lawsuits. Even if every country in the world cracked down in a worldwide bid against piracy, pirates have showed they will just create their own countries like Sealand.

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

When did Steve Gibson say that bit about freedom of speech? I agree - in fact, I'm listening to SN episodes about content protection right now, and it's even worse than I'd realized.

As to IsoHunt, hope they pull a PirateBay. Of course, for the undeniably legal torrents they have, not the ones that are still completely legal but the files they link to being questionable, of course :p

13. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I watched the docu: "This movie is not yet rated" its a big eye opener on what the mpaa really is. In this case, it is about the ridiculous us age-rating system. But on the end of the documentary everything falls into place. And you can bind this to any other mpaa mafia interventions.

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Was that the one that received an NC17 rating mostly so theatres wouldn't show it anywhere? Never did find that anywhere...

15. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Yes but that was not the point. The point was that NC17 rating was only given when there was a "tit" showing. While any movie that chopped off limbs, heads flying, blow up people, headshots, multiple violant gunfights, blood all over the place and other gore stuff would be watcheble by children.

16. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I hope ISOhunt returns. I used them alot to find files I was looking for. I was a bit suprised to see the site down, but I was aware that they were being targeted by the MPAA (They had a news bit a while ago about the MPAA threatening action against them before).

17. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Good to know they will be back bigger, better and faster .... Isohunt is my preferred torrent search engine and almost always gets some good results.

18. TRG

TRG What's a Dremel?

Canada is often pushed around by the US. look at the softwood lumber ordeal, where the USA owes Canada a huge sum of money (I forget the number), and refuses to pay it. It is highly likely that laws here will catch up with the US, although DMCA is soo bad.

Tags: Add Tags