1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faces of War

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 20 Jan 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Why the great big grin?

If they sort the AI problems out with a patch of some kind it could be quite a good game.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The Graphics look pretty good from the screenshots there, could be worth investing in.

Sam

4. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Recent released..? It was released a week before/after CoH!

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

looks nice.... but i am getting a little fed up with WW2 games....

6. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

Yeah that was one thing i didn't really cover in the article. They are slowly bringing out the patches to sort out various AI and framerate issues which will vastly improve the game - if they fix the issues ¬_¬.

I know what you mean DXR, the genre is over saturated with averagely good games. However, if you're a fanatic of the genre, then this is another good game to add to your library. :)

7. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Just to make sure, that is a seven (7) right?

8. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah, if it was 1 it'd possibly not be green :)

Maybe the worst possible time to launch a WW2-RTS as CoH simply owns. TBH I didn't read through the article yet, and it may be a bit different from CoH, but if it's WW2 and RTS, it just can't make enought difference ^^

9. StrykeWulf

StrykeWulf What's a Dremel?

Overlooked

I think this review overlooked many parts of this game. The penetration of armor and the detail being some. IE: You use direct control and use a AP shell to penetrate through the turret killing the gunner. You can disable treads/blow off armor/disable turrets/disable barrel or even penetrating and hitting the ammo storage in the rear of the tank, exploding the whole thing in one shot. In which most of these ailments can be repaired in the game using your unit + repair kit. Another great example is if you see an enemy about to moltov your tank/grenade something and you take a sniper direct control and shoot the grenade or moltov in his hand making it explode. Yes the standard game is a little bland after playing for a long time, the mods are what make the game enjoyable (just like BF1942/Vietname/BF2) as with Soldiers Heroes of WW2.

-Will

10. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I said it once, but I'll have to say it again.. Faces of wars was released 2006-09-15 and Company of Heroes was released 2006-09-29!
    This review should've been here before the CoH review...

And stop complaining until you've tried it.. The game's brilliant!

Tags: Add Tags