1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games that should be remastered

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think that Little Big Adventure should be remastered, not sure how many people here played it but I loved it.

Also the Robin Hood game I got on 5.25" floppies for my 286, I'll try and find it's real name.

3. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Beneath a Steel Sky. Great storyline, interactive 2d enviroment...

Give it better gfx and maybe some sub-missions and it could be a really good game.

4. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I read an interview somewhere where a big wig from blizzard accidentally let slip some plans over a starcraft MMO - I can only hope thats true, i think it'll be the only thing capable of tearing me away from WoW atm.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'd like games like Turrican, Thing on a Spring, Wizball, Hypersports or Summer/Winter Games, Sorcery 2, Xenon 2:Megablast, Nemesis/Salamander, Uridium, Paradroid, Stunt Car Racer, Action Biker with Crazy Colin, Tomb Raider, Defender of the Crown to be remade, just to see if they could be improved with todays technology.

6. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Zak McKracken, damnit! I want Zak McKracken in DX10..

Maniac Mansion and Indy Jones Cruesade as well. I miss those games...

7. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

That is a seriously kickass list. Return to Zork, Thief, TIE-Fighter, Deus Ex, System Shock. Excellent choices!

Also, anyone who likes Thief just MUST check out Thief 2X. It's an unofficial expansion for Thief II. It's MASSIVE and very professional. It's like a free game.

8. Solid_Puffs

Solid_Puffs What's a Dremel?

Why is Metal Gear Solid even in there? The game was remade a couple of years ago for the GameCube. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes!

9. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

They should have put Final Fantasy in, and wild arms i think!

10. alexandros1313

alexandros1313 What's a Dremel?

For the love of God, I still can't believe that you wrote a piece on which old games should be remastered and you didn't include UFO:ENEMY UNKNOWN. It's the best strategy game of all time! If you simply forgot, please edit the article and add it in, just in case someone decides to go through with it.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2007
  11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Cannon Fodder is a must, I need that game.

12. sgtpeppa

sgtpeppa What's a Dremel?

The article even mentions it. He's played it on the cube though, and thereby assumes it was a direct port. Graphically, it's easily the best game on the whole list.

13. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Mech Warrior needs to be revamped, but then I'd never leave my computer lol

14. Springs

Springs Boing boing

although its being remade in a way Total annihilation would of been nice for a graphics upgrade and maybe a AI upgrade aswell..

15. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I wonder why nobody is mentioning Dune 2! IMO the Godfather of RTS!!!
    And Sam&Max i love that game!

16. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

QFT!! :)

UFO and Terror From The Deep were awesome and I loved them soo much.
    God bless emulators and DOSBox. ;)

17. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont get why the Original C&C isnt on there along with Dune 2 as AntiHero mentioned. Those 2 games along with Total Annilation are true clasics and games that where the best in that period. They would still sell millions if remastered as there is a big following with all 3 games.

Id love to see Simon the sorcerer remastered. loved that game. Another Classic is Desert Strike, that would be amazing if remastered.

Does anyone remember Uni Rally on the SNES. (think its called that) that was a fast and fun game. Could work well with the Wii mote.

Starwars Tie fighter brings back memories as me and my bro would play hours on end on network play. Always hoped there would be a new version out all these years and still nothing :(

Doom 1 and 2 are the ultamate classics and the begining of FPS. They were fun and crazy on network play. not hours of fun but weeks. Friends used to bring there 486's round for a Lan of Doom 2. ahhh the good old days. It was sweet back then.

18. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

UFO definitely, fortunately I can play it on my Pocket PC phone, which rocks.

My go System Shock has been needing a do-over so much, loved that game, truly scary and huge but all linked in so well.

You all say Tie Fighter? I say the original and best - X-WING deserves it more.

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

LBA was an awesome game, I'd love to see that made again, but not lose it's character of course.

20. The Bart Man

The Bart Man What's a Dremel?

I really liked Fallout played all parts of fallout spent so many hours of gaming on that game. Story of fallout 1 was the best only weapons and so on on the fallout tactics is the coolest! A new fallout would be verry welcome!
    Ans as mentioned C&C would also be verry cool!

Tags: Add Tags