1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Games that should be remastered

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jan 2007.

1. K

K 528491

Yeah I too am puzzled by the mention of MGS, which you mention has a GC port, which has utterly amazing graphics, and is probably counted as a 'remastered' version. Am I missing something?

2. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

There was a remake of this by a Russian Game Studio under a different name I remember playing it about 2 years or so ago. Cant remember what its called though

MOO2 I'd love to see it updated but not changed, one of my favourite parts is designing my own ships and then doing turn by turn combat for each of them even if its 600 ships!

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

What about the great grand-daddy of all 3D space games? ELITE, or if you like realtime physics and 'reality', ELITE II - FRONTIER!

How about it, eh? Just think of it - same mechanics and games play, but dress it up in Eve Online graphics. No mucking about with the basic premis. Trade, fight, dabble with some constructive raids on other shipping (What officer? Me? A Pirate... Perish the thought, me harty...) All the while working toward becoming Elite.

4. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

Its a good list, but I agree there are some puzzling ommissions - Syndicate would be one I'd vote onto the list :)

5. dmace

dmace What's a Dremel?

One that is always forgotten is also a Sid Meier game: COVERT ACTION

In this game you were an american Spy by the name of Maximillian Remington, and had to find the plot and villains behind terrorist plans.
    It could've easily been set in this age.

To accomplish this, you had to do stakeouts, follow cars (or use hidden transmitters), bypass electronic alarms and break into hideouts and search desks, safes, etc to find evidence.

Still very cool to play, although it only has minor VGA capabilities.

6. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Definitely needs an AI update. :D

Few nukes sorted that. Sorry for offtopic.

7. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Damn, you beat me to it. Also, add my vote for UFO and Dune 2/C&C.

I thought Descent II was awesome. What made it not as good as the first, the little guide-bot?

Looking through this list reminds me of so many classic games that I never actually completed - Descent and Doom being two of them!

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I actually bought a Spectrum again, some time ago, just to play Elite :D
    It's no longer working, so might get another.

9. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

I hope they make a single player sequel to starcraft(There was hints that it would not be a MMO http://pc.ign.com/articles/727/727892p1.html). I never got in to MMO But knowing how much of a cash cow WOW is it would not surprise me for them make a starcraft one.

10. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Descent, now thats a game I remember playing many hours on over dial-up connections for multi player and co-op.
    Descent 2 wasn't as good but the soundtrack (was proper CD-Audio on the earlier versions which you can no longer get a hold of) was amazing.
    Though; motion sickness? How weak is your stomach? :p

Starcraft and TA would be must-do games for a proper porting to a new engine.

Though I agree with System Shock I prefered System Shock 2, way scarier imo, espescially the sound of the monkeys when you walked into a corridor and could hear them but not see them. Damn that games used to (and still does) scare the crap out of me.

Another game I would love to see re-done is Tyrian but a Vertical-scroller can only look so good ;)

11. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

I want x-wing and tie fighter, and Thief. Oh how I miss playing Thief.

12. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I still play Starcraft, I have only finished it a couple of times, but I always come back. Best balanced game I have played.
    I quite like Homeworld, but I haven't yet played the expansion through, or Homeworld 2. So can't comment on those.

13. cereal_killer

cereal_killer What's a Dremel?

i miss the home world series

14. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Go play it again? Have you played Cataclysm?

15. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

UFO : Enemy unknown for sure.

The first two sequels weren't bad either. Heck interceptor just needed better flight dynamics and it could have been decent (So sad they never finished Alliance for that matter)

16. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

How I would love a remaster of Ultima 7&8.
    Actually, I'd just love ports of the games that would run on my PC :sigh:

And Syndicate, what an obscenely good game. Proper violence waaaay ahead of its time :D

The just dont make them like they used to :rolleyes:

17. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Twinsons oddessy?! (LBA)

GOD YEA!!! that game made me upgrade my PC and got me gaming for DAYS! it was soo much fun

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Twinsens oddessy was #2, that was awesome for it's time. They should make an LBA3 including LBA1 and LBA2.

The main thing I want is the ability to run whilst firing fireballs. Though making Twinsen dance was funny.

19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I just found the original discs for Ultima VIII, Syndicate and Syndicate Wars!

A cookie for anyone who knows how to make them work

20. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

I would like to see Golden eye remastered, with the EXACT same physics and story, just fancy graphics updated. This was the best FPS for a console until Halo was released *and still comes in as a VERY close second*.

Tags: Add Tags