1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 64-bit driver repository

Discussion in 'Software' started by OneSeventeen, 25 Apr 2005.

1. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I am slowly trying to find all of the drivers for my current setup to support Windows XP Professional x64.

Here's what I've found so far. Please respond with what you've found, and describe which category they belong in. Over time I will edit my top post to include all of the drivers.

The only requirement I have is that a link is provided to a website, and not the actual driver (so it will be easier to get updated versions as the weeks pass.)

Networking
    Graphics
    Audio

The list is short, so if you know something I don't, please let me know. I'll be updating this as I find more drivers.

Last edited: 26 Apr 2005
  2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

im not moving over to x64 for ages, till more software/drivers come out for 64bit...

3. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

I wish I could lay my hands on 64-bit winXP.:p

4. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

~ $155 from Newegg

(not sure their policy on overseas shipments, but I'm assuming they aren't just US only)

I'll update with more drivers soon.

5. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

I've recently installed XP 64 on my main rig.. I got drivers for my video and chipset (both nvidia) installed and working good.

Even my cheap firewire controller has drivers built into XP..

However I cannot find drivers for either of my printers..

Lexmark E210 Laser, and Epson CX5200 All In One.

I contacted epson and they are planning on releasing a x64 driver in the next few months..

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I just tried XPx64 on a second HDD. At first it felt a bit more responsive, but that's really true of any clean install. I'd tend to get these random "machine check errors" or something to that extent, which didn't do anything except pop up in the taskbar. I might play around with it more, but there are some serious issues with graphic drivers... I can't enable SLI! On a slightly happier note, I managed to get HDR in Far Cry to REALLY kick in, but as my FPS went down to about 16, didn't stay with it for long. And some places with HDR enable were completely whacked.
    Local networking seemed to work a tiny bit better, but that may just be because I've done it so many times now.

I'll probably give it a try again later, for now it's just something else I don't really want to have to deal with. My 2 cents

7. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

8. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

That driver list isn't very good. It lists HP deskjet drivers but links you to their website which says they aint got'm.

I use the siliconimage 3114 controller in raid but their website hasn't listed an x64 raid driver yet. However, www.giga-byte.com has a beta driver that is working for me. So if you need that driver(doesn't mater if its a gigabyte board or not) you can get it from them. Enjoy.

9. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

HERE'S a link to a 64 bit tweakui. I'm using it, seems safe.

10. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

Just another update, I still haven't been able to get sound to work on my laptop, but by installing Ubuntu first and trying it, I was able to get sound, and all the neccessary stuff running, then when I went to install XP x64 I changed my mind and stuck with Ubuntu :p

(so sorry for my non-responsiveness in this thread)

If you have personal experience with 64-bit windows drivers and would like to see them posted here, just post, and I'll try to add them to the first post.

11. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

Not got x64 yet myself, but my mate could'nt find any drivers for his FireGL 8800 .
    - ATi seem to have given up on support..

However, I've hacked the FGL drivers to support the card (The entries were in there, just not enabled - obviously could'nt be arsed to continue support)

The results seem perfect- hardware rendering in Maya etc is v good and stable!

Not got anywhere to host the files, but can email them on request:
    simonbriers*at*hotmail.com

Cheers

12. buzzy

buzzy What's a Dremel?

For those poor saps (like me) who own a Sitecom WL-115 wireless PCI card...

www.ralinktech.com are the people that make the chip which powers the card (the RT2500). They have a 64bit driver for all cards with that chip and it works well.

Incidentally, I found that their 32bit driver is significantly better than the Sitecom one too.

HTH
    Buzzy

13. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

M$ has it for 120 days or something close to that for a free download. Good for trying it out. I have to uninstall mine if I cant get a few of my trading programs to work on it :(

14. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i got a linksys WMP54G WiFi card that is being a beyotch to install. is the driver 64-bit compliant?

15. dr_crazy

dr_crazy What's a Dremel?

I've found that the best place for drivers is to simply search the manfuacturers website, and they'll have them located somewhere on there.

However, bad news if you, like me, have a Sony Network Walkman. I have an NW-E75 and of course, the best way is to use the Sony program Sonicstage (current version 3.4) to put your music on your player.

XP 64 will detect your walkman, but can't find the drivers. I contacted Sony to see if and when their 64bit drivers were coming out, and this is the reply:

Basically, if you want to use your mp3 player, well, Sony says no you can't, unless someone finds a way to hack their drivers or something! (If so pm me.)

At the mo, i'm looking to run XP or 2kPro on a small seperate hdd to make sure at least some things work for a mo.

Furthermore, I also got a Freecom DVB-T USB Stick. If you've got XP 64, don't buy this, as according to some forums I've been reading, Freecom have been promising since AUGUST they would be getting 64 bit drivers out soon. So much for Freeview TV on my new rig!

16. shohanan

shohanan What's a Dremel?

Actually, i got the WPM54G V4.1 Wireless, and after about 7 hours of looking, i was somehow able to find the drivers that worked the best at this site.

http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

I downloaded, under windows, the RT2500, went to install it, everything went ok, and when i right clicked on my computer, went to properties, then to the hardware tab, and then device manager, i saw that i had to choose a Network protocol. So i clicked on the network adapter, said i didnt want it to search, that i would do it my self, then went to the install manually option, chose the Ralinktech inc manufaturer and then the Ralink Wireless LAN Card V2 option, and everything worked for me. i can go through better steps if someone needs me to.

As for the sound blaster drivers, those drivers are now obsolete, so if you want the drivers, its at the same site, just not those links.

17. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

i have a v.4.0 WMP54G, does it still work?

18. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

SONY >_<

Screw Sony. They do not want to acknowledge the existence of WIndows Xp x64 just about yet while everyone else seems to do it. Hell, even Creative got x64 drivers for a lot of their Webcams and other hardware.

I owned a Sony Ericsson K800i and the only way I could transfer music to it was to connect it in External Storage mode (not phone mode) because stupid Sony Ericsson didn't provide x64 drivers for it. Now the phone is broken (luckily) and I'm back to using my much easier to use Creative MuVo 512MB stick player.

Most motherboard manufacturers got ready x64 drivers even if you have to fiddle with them sometimes. nVidia got full x64 driver support for their chipsets and GeForce GPUs.

Windows XP x64 has been out for over a year now. Time to wake up for everybody. The future is much wider than 32 bits.

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Windows XP X64 was originally designed as a stopgap solution for Windows Vista 64 bit. It was never intended for mass useage, as Windows XP standard edition works faster.

20. ChocolateMilk

ChocolateMilk What's a Dremel?

Just bought Vista and made no delay in installing it...

Never even thought about driver compatibility, eugh. Anyways, i also own this card, and although the Ralink website does list a vista driver for the 25000, after installation my PC still can not find the device. Anyone else installed Vista and found a solution to anything like this? Its really quite annoying not having internet access :wallbash:

thanks

Tags: