1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

serial problem i believe

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by OmegaX, 24 Jan 2007.

1. OmegaX

OmegaX What's a Dremel?

This seemed like the most appropriate forum for this question.i got a palm m105 recently to use as an external display. The palm software for windows works fine and the hotsync too. I know this because i downloaded the palmorb software to the palm. so i know that the dock works and everything, but when i go into the palmorb software on th palm, it says : "error device unsupported" and won't connect. I configured lcd smartie properly (you are supposed to launch it after you lauch the program on the palm). but no matter what i try it won't connect in that software. thus i think its a problem in windows, maybe with association, idk its a guess. oh i'm on a thinkpad t60 laptop with a dock for the serial connection (its not a usb converter its native support).

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

From a quick glance at the palm orb source code it appears as though that error means it cannot open the serial communication port.

All I can suggest is make sure the palm is fully updated with any firmware or internal software OS updates.

3. OmegaX

OmegaX What's a Dremel?

i somehow got it to work, tired the first build, then opened the com port then ran the lcd prpgram and it worked.