1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows trying to install windows vista on an alienware....hardware hell help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Onyx, 3 Feb 2007.

1. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

hello i have an alienware area 51m5750...i am trying to install windows vista home premium upgrade using the custom clean install option. my problem is the raid controller. the upgrade adviser reports my controller as: VIA VT6421 RAID Controller (note i only have 1 hard drive)

i have tryed to download some divers (im not sure if its the right thing or not). anyways i need some help because i have no idea what im doing as far as raid drivers go..

thanks.

2. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

nvm i got it all sorted out...

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Care to enlighten us how... for the benefit of anybody else who might experience the same problem in future with their laptops/systems :idea:

4. Onyx

Onyx What's a Dremel?

what i did:

downloaded the via drivers from http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=36&CatID=2920&SubCatID=117

it says "To create the driver disk for Windows installation, you need to copy the contents of the folder named DriverDisk in the zip file, but not the folder itself - just the contents. For further information, please read this article."

so i copied everything in the driver disk folder then put it into a blank microSD memory card (yes like the camera ones) and then stuck it into a card reader then the drivers popped up in the list in the windows vista installation.

hope this helps!

Tags: