1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Novatech x20 range?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by phaSe, 7 Feb 2007.

1. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Im after a small, light and cheap laptop. And have found these on novatech, they seem to be incredibly good value! (particularly with no OS)

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them? Used these? seen them? Used novatech lappys?

Thanks in advance,
    RoB

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Novatech is just down the road and I pop there quite often (in fact I'm going there later today for some inks), my gf has one along with my auntie and they are pretty good laptops for the brand. I'm pretty sure they are rebranded but can't remember the name of the company that makes them unless they use a variety.

I could see if they have this on display and get back to you on this laptop?! "X20" is easy enough to remember!

3. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

That would be brilliant! Thanks! could you possibly ask about the batt life? :rock:

I found that the laptop is a rebranded Uniwill one, and looks nice enough i think!

Thanks,
    RoB

4. reflexuk

reflexuk What's a Dremel?

I bought one of these, the cheaper one, and am running Ubuntu on it. The only thing that didn't work automatically was the sound but it wasn't too hard to fix.

Had it about two weeks and it works well. The battery lasts about 3-4 hours when web browsing email etc

I don't like the hinge for the screen it doesn't open far enough for my liking.

It is a bare bones unit from Uniwill.
    http://www.uniwill.com/products/mobility/x20ii/x20ii.php?HL=3&M=2

5. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

thank for the reply reflexuk! i found the uniwill site, its got a few more pics on it! :D when you say it doesnt open far enough, is it more that on the 4th pic on the uniwill site?!?

glad the batt lasts ok, its quite important on the small lappys! im getting swayed by the cheaper one.

oh and welcome to Bit! :rock:

RoB

6. reflexuk

reflexuk What's a Dremel?

It opens further than that pic, my girlfriend has a laptop and the screen almost goes completely flat where as the x20 opens about 45 deg from the vertical, I've just got use to using my girlfriends.

I've got no idea how reliable Novatech stuff is so i paid the extract money for the 2yr warranty just in case (it's not too expensive)

thanks, took ages for me to go for this laptop as there isn't much about it anywhere so thought i'd help out

7. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

ha, that sounds good enough for me!

Yeah, trying to find info on it is a pain! thanks fro your help, i think im pretty decided now :D

RoB

8. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

wow, um, that's a good price.
    tempting!