1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airsoft GBB Mag Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm_Not_A_Monster, 5 Feb 2007.

1. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

.:EDIT:. the quote is my original post, i thought it would be better to just update this thread i started because it makes one less thread Bit has to host and i've already got several airsofters subscribed to this one who can help me.

i just picked up a TM Sig226 from a friends brother for $50USD. it came with 4 mags total and it has an upgraded main and hammer spring.

there are four mags, but only one works. two leak gas around the seal that seperated the top half and the bottom half, and ones valve is jammed. is there a replacement o-ring kit somewhere? WarGame Club and Airsoft Extreme done have anything (well, WGC has a kit for Hudson M3A1's)

[​IMG]
    Click to embiggen
    [​IMG]

basically the button is stuck down because the spring that is supposed to be behind it has slipped around it. there is perhaps 180o of spring showing. the guy said i could fix it if i just pushed the spring back down with a pair of pliers, but i haven't been able to get it back in.

i think i'll get new valves for the mag, i don't want to have to worry about fixing it in the field. are their any valves that are absolutely indestructable? i'd prefer efficiency over uber-powered, maybe keep it at stock flow rates?

[​IMG]
    i also just noticed the spring in the working mag. the mag is the kind that you pull the follower down past a wide spot in the cut out, then pour bb's in. the spring gets completely compressed before it gets to this point though, so i have to push them in the top one by one. can i just cut the spring a little?

i'm also interested in a metal body for the sig, is there any models anyone would reccomend? i've seen some kits that require some modifications to the gun, i'd prefer to not cut it up though.

my friend just got a KWA 1911 Gov't but he's a lefty. the pins for the safety and slide release go to the other side, is there a kit to make it lefty or even just ambidextrous?

sorry for the huge post

Last edited: 6 Mar 2007
  2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

being a fellow airsoft person ill offer some advice..

if you have never played it before.. try it and rent some of their guns and also the other players guns.. also try some of the airsoft specific forums.. they would be able to tell you if the gun is good.. also depending on where you play depends on grenage launchers... i cant say i have seen them in action but i have heard that some use them mainly for show..

3. I'm_Not_A_Monster

theres a field nearby me (called modesto airsoft) that has urban fields, and a rule that if you let a frag out everyone in the room is killed, no matter if the BB's hit them, all you do is yell "frag out" and thy're gone.

i'm not going to order everything at once, but would like a gun that can accept all the things i want to do to it in the future.

no field around me rents, sequoia airsoft says on their website, but then on their registration page they say they don't. i emailed the owner and he said that since they say on the registration page they don't rent its all good. i'm going to avoid their fields as much as possible because of that. i got some friends that have real gear though, i'll see if they'll let me borrow or they got spares and go with them.

i did find a scope mount for the Type 89, its at http://tinyurl.com/2osmzz

4. Springs

Springs Boing boing

yer tbh you dont want to pay £300 for a gun play it once then not do it again.... a £300 gun is great... i payed about £70 for a M4 and although its good for the back garden played it in a skirmish and it showed its quality..

i like the urban concept... proper buildings and what not... around me its all mainly woodland so it plays like paintball..(the site is a paintball site aswell)

but overall "try before you buy" is the best thing you can do on this... its a good game.. you can get annoyed as the bb's dont hurt as much as paintballs so you cant always tell when you have hit or have hit so the other person you shot doesnt leave the game..

5. I'm_Not_A_Monster

$360USD = £183.65GBP

about half what you were thinking, and thats with a battery and charger

6. Springs

Springs Boing boing

yer its not a bad price thats sort of the min decent guns go for of what i have seen.. one thing you will want is lots of magazines (high Capacity ones).. when i went for my 1st time i rented and they only gave you 1 mag so you have to reload that mag when you ran out.. and when its a bag of bbs it makes a mess some of the time...

7. I'm_Not_A_Monster

yeah, i've heard that its best to get a bunch of high caps and wind as you shoot but if you have to lay a lot of fire shoot the string already loaded then move to another mag. once you are done with the fire wind the mags back as best as you can. would this be a good tactic? i don't know how many bb's get loaded with each crank, but it seems a mag chance would be faster than cranking 70 times to reload

8. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i was told that when you wind them its meant to change noise when its "fully" winded... i broke my cheap mag winding it all day... so im not sure... you can buy automatic winding units that you stick on the bottom and it winds...

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Being and Airsofter I guess I'll chime in :D
    Really, don't buy a bunch of high caps as unless you are overly trigger happy you will never use them, I rarely use more than 300 rounds in a full 9-5 day of skirmishing, if you manage to use more than 600 rounds you have most likely wound up burning out the guns gearbox due to long trigger holds.
    Renting is definitely a good idea at least for the first time. Try renting an AK with a high cap as they hold about 600 rounds which should be more than enough for most people.
    You can tell when a high-cap is wound as it "clicks" at the end of the wind.

Along the lines of upgrades the most regular upgrade is a higher powered spring and new bushings which will afford you more range and power. Depending on what country you live in depends on what the maximum you can go up to is.

For a first gun I would advise a TM branded one that takes large batteries, buy yourself a nice 3000mAh NI-MH battery and a high-cap and you should be set.

I'm sure none of this makes sense but I'm posting in a little bit of a rush.

::edit:: check out ArniesAirsoft for some reasonable impartial advice, it's a wealth of resource ;)

Last edited: 6 Feb 2007
  10. I'm_Not_A_Monster

the type 89 has a spare battery compartment in the stock, is it possible to wire it in parallel for huge power reserve?

AFAIK 400fps (122mps) is the limit in the us, its what all the fields around me limit to anyway.

11. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

You probably won't need more than one "large" type battery for a days usage in all fairness.
    The general rule is 1mAh = 1.5bb's so on a 3000mAh you should be able to fire 4500 rounds before you run out of juice. Any larger battery and it will get physically bigger and may not fit in the stock.
    My 3300mAh is quite a bit longer and wider than the 3000 and I have seen some 4300's out there so battery isn't generally too much of an issue.

12. I'm_Not_A_Monster

Poweredgeusa.com has Type 89's on sale for $335

http://tinyurl.com/33luno

i think i might get it, but i'm a little strapped right now ($200 ambulance bill). i think i'll email them asking when the sale ends, then ordering THAT DAY at 11:55PM

.:EDIT:. d'oh, meant "ends" not "eds"

13. I'm_Not_A_Monster

do you wear glasses BioSniper? i wear them and all the masks i have tried on smash them onto my face. do i need special goggles or something?

14. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I personally wear glasses rated to a UK high impact standard, most good airsoft shops will stock a suitable range. It all depends on the site you are likely to go to really as some places prefer full face for insurance.

15. I'm_Not_A_Monster

no, i mean corrective lenses. i am severly near sighted and cannot play without my glasses. i'm as bad as thelma from scooby doo

16. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Well, you could use Wiley X Tactical prescription Glasses.
    A lot of soldiers wear these in combat, mostly because glasses are unpractical to wear under Goggles and contact lenses might fall out. During airsoft contacts should be fine, though.
    If you want some help with airsoft topics, you should def. check out the Airsoft/Reenactment section of the www.militaryphotos.net Forum!

17. Skyrunner

Skyrunner What's a Dremel?

Definatly rent first, and remember your entering into a very big money pit!

The Type 89 is a very nice gun but it is small, it's about the size of an M4 carbine so if your 6'4 consider something bigger; personally I use a CA36 (G36 full length) and it is a very well built gun, my favourite out of my armoury! The 89 also is very iffy about what armalite mags it takes, the PPA AR magwell for the G36 does work very well although perosnally I prefer G36 mags for the integrated mag clips!

Battery wise a 3300 large will do you a good couple of days shooting; protection wise, mesh googles are good if your wear glasses as they can fit under.

18. I'm_Not_A_Monster

i do remember the 36 fitting me well, i wish there were a store closer than oakland that i could go to, its a 45 minute drive. this is really something you should hold in your hands first before buying

those were mag clips on the mags?

19. Skyrunner

Skyrunner What's a Dremel?

Yeah the G36 mags have clips moulded into them so they lock together, same as the SiG mags, very handy.

20. I'm_Not_A_Monster

updated the first post, i didn't want to start a new thread