1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Potential New System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kurayamino, 4 Feb 2007.

1. trig

trig god's little mistake

yuh...it would be enough power, but seems like the older hipers werent real efficient...

2. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

A hiper 580 should be enough for a GTS, but I'd pass on that and get something that's known to work well, isn't expensive, and is more efficient: The Corsair HX 520

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Had to see that one coming :naughty:

4. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

oh?

5. trig

trig god's little mistake

bbq is a power supply guru...and corsair is his brand of choice...for good reason though...

6. Jipa

7. Kurayamino

I found a case I really like and I want it! Do you guys think I'll be able to fit an 8800GTX in it? Don't ask me why, I just feel inlove with it, kinda reminded me of a mod I saw on here with nice black insides!

Edit: Helps if I tell you what the case is! Akasa Mirage 62 Black Aluminum Case

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I yes, the RADIATOR... come on it does look like one... :)
    With sucks case, the you won't have a super ultra quiet case, as there is NOTHING to help reduce HDD noise. So you will hear the HDD motor spinning... (YEA I'M THAT PICKY!!!) It doesn't even have rails for the drives... Which is the case for my Antec SX-600-II (I still wonder how my dual core CPU works inside (maybe because it was design for an Athlon XP ;) ) [I need a new case]

If I compare this case with others feature wise, I think that one will be with the very basic plastic beige AOpen cases. The only thumb up I say, is it's look, and aluminum. It doesn't even come with a fan. OK fine 1x 12 cm fan...

Not worth the price at all, for MY standards.

9. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

Hey dude, I like that you wanna use an abit IN9 32X-MAX WiFi motherboard. There used to be alot of abit fans, but now many have turned traitor and support Goliath (ASUS) and they forget about David (abit). :rock: Well I think this NV 680i board is definitely a pebble thats gonna crack Goliath a painful blow to the head :wallbash: .
    Keep the flag flying dude! :D

10. warlockza

warlockza FirstZoom.tv

11. Jipa

12. GoodBytes

Sorry warlockza, I'm not convinced. :)
    "Extend Product Life" due to their capacitor... Well either way you will change your computer in 3-4 5 max years... high-end motherboard (that doesn't have that feature) will hold up to that long. Every Nvidia 680i or 680a motherboards have the same core specs... The only thing that changes are the side features, like a not so useful LCD, and button on the motherboard to rester the Bios (like if your doing that every day)

13. Kurayamino

Im guessing you work for them since the tag under your name? Do I get any discount for making you happy mentioning them? Also I do currently have an ASUS motherboard. Not a big fan of Abit for one reason, Fatal1ty! If you introduced a Kurayamino line I'm sure they would sell well! :hehe:

14. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

That's more likely because it's what his system is based on, rather than who he works for :idea:

15. Kurayamino

16. Major

Major Guest

Go for the ASUS Striker tbh. :p

17. Kurayamino

Havent heard good things about that board and OMFG look at the price :jawdrop:

18. Major

Major Guest

I also change my mind on that board in my new build. ;) For £100 less you can get a Asus P5N32-E SLI NF680i SLI, S 775, this is what I am going for.

19. Kurayamino

Not really to sure where to post this but since its going with this setup here is as good place as any. Looking for a new LCD my current one is about 3+ years old now, No digital imputs or anything. Im looking for something under 300 really cheaper the better, something with digital inputs and maybe even hdmi inputs?
    Any suggestions! Nothing to big either something around 19" is cool!

Thanks

20. GoodBytes