1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Looking for a good company

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fadiphatu1, 18 Feb 2007.

1. fadiphatu1

fadiphatu1 What's a Dremel?

I am starting college in the Fall and I am in need a laptop I am pretty sure of what I want but I am having trouble finding a company I like ... and whether I should buy a Tablet PC or a traditional laptop ( I am looking for other companies like sager and what not)

2. Jecko024

Jecko024 What's a Dremel?

Hey, I just bought a laptop from www.istnc.com and so far they have been a billion times better than Dell ever could imagine. Also their live chat is very resourcefull...go check them out-their a very good company.

3. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

I have to say -

Go apple.

I don't mind getting flamed for it a little bit, but it's the best choice. For when you need windows - run windows. For when you don't need windows, run mac os.

When I'm doing some software dev, (like now,) I run windows. The rest of the time, I have a stable secure operating system that doesn't crash, doesn't get adware, and doesn't get viruses.

If money is a concern, they have really great student discounts and bit tech has a pretty strong mac community.

4. fadiphatu1

fadiphatu1 What's a Dremel?

well i have always wanted a macbook but I wasn't aware I could run windows on it care to elaborate?

5. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

as for the Apples, their great, but unfortunetly ill stay true to the PC and say go for these:

Alienware
    Gateway
    Hp
    Ibuypower.com
    Cyberpowerpc.com
    VooDoo
    Falcon-NW
    Acer
    Toshiba
    Winbook
    and the unworthy Dell...:(

although idk what your price range is, but Falcon-NW is my favor wish site of all. Also the new dell XPS laptop is really crazy like, the comes apart and has a wire keyboard def. good for looks other hten the Dell symbol on it.

Last edited: 19 Feb 2007
  6. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/bootcamp.html

Ever since Apple switched to Intel procs you can run Windows native with Bootcamp. You just partition your hard drive with OS X on one partition and windows on the other.

Also, there is a virtualization software out there called parallels that I've heard really good things about.