1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling hey guys, looking at my temps on the PC....(pic inside)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sackingz123, 20 Feb 2007.

1. sackingz123

sackingz123 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

whats 104 degrees???

right now i have three 80mm fans and one 120mm fan in a cheapo case but its gettin good airflow.

does anyone know what that 104 degrees is coming from??

thanks

btw, program is cpucool

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Well looking at your current machine spec, and that each temp reading is listed via number not device. i would have to hazard a guess.

Quick conversion from farenhiete and celius as i am a metric man and it comes out as 40 degree C.

now it could be either of your HDD, my bet is on the 200GB drive. It could be your northbridge. if so dont worry about it, northbridges run at high temps and most people never notice. Mine was running at 60 degree C which was fine for my NF3 board, until more volt were needed threw it so i cooled it down with water.

assuming the conversion was correct and it is at 40 degrees you should be fine. check to see if there is airflow or the hard disc's, if not try adding a fan for a while and see if the temp drops.

If not then post back.

P.S post back if i was right! lol

3. sackingz123

lol, well last night i did get a extra 80mm fan out of my closet and placed it under the 200gb hard drive. No charges under the 104 temp. And whats so werid about that 104 temp, is that it dont fluctuate unlike the others. It always stay at 104.

Northbridge?, i have the winsor amd 3800x2.

I do have another Hard drive, but i just dont think its at 104. Theres alot of room between them.

I have also used speedfan program, and it also says 104. But it says, TEMP 1: 104.

:sigh: :sigh:

4. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I wouldn't worry about it then, 40c isn't that bad for anything, especially if it stays at that temp. Northbridge would be the chipset you have, it will be below the CPU and have a fan/heatsink on it. I wouldn't dwell on it, its probably the northbridge or southbridge, and those temps are fine.

5. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

check out everest - it should give the sensor the name your atfer

6. Amber

Amber What's a Dremel?

Cpu over temprature/speedfans

Hmm I recently downloaded speedfan.
    All I know is it monitors the fan temperatures
    and automatically adjusts the speed of the fans.
    I used to keep getting error cpu over temprature,
    till I was advised to download the speed fan.

I have noticed some scarey high figures but
    since my pc has not blown up, :duh: I am guessing it's
    safe.

Can anyone enlighten us please?

Confused Amber :wallbash:

7. sackingz123

my advice, get good airflow and put ur PC in a good area which can get airflow easily circulated. And get fans, that will help out alot.

8. Marci

Marci Ex-O-CuK / ThermoChill

And configure your software to report in Degrees C - tis the "global language" when it comes to talking about PC Temps - very few folks work in deg F...

9. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

There are two things to keep in mind when using software like this, especially SpeedFan - the labels mean nothing, and not all reported temperatures are significant. On my laptop, SpeedFan reports four temperatures, and labels them Core, Temp1, Temp2, and HD0. HD0 is the hard drive, but Core is a useless measurement that fluctuates between positive and negative 128 degrees C - Temp2 is actually the core temperature. Temp1 is, I believe, the case temperature read from somewhere on the motherboard.

Second, I agree with Marci - even those of us living in the United States and using Fahrenheit in our daily lives use Celsius for computer temperatures - it's what we know and what we can easily help you with, so please configure your software to report Celsius.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Either way, 104'F isn't a high temperature for any part of a PC that's not being WC'd. Don't fret.

Tags: