1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Feb 2007.

1. cedel

cedel What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much for the link - I never knew this existed. :)

I bought one too and have to say I really like it - especially the free scrolling mode. Not that I would go through long documents or database tables way too often - I just really like the way the contents moves (not stopping after each click) - guess it makes it easier on my eyes (I disabled the automatic mode switching).
    I could use the scrollbar for sure, but that requires an extra mouse movement and pretty carefull placement before you can start dragging... Besides, if you scroll in the window directly, it moves only as fast as you scroll while in case of toolbar there is the extra relation with the length of the contents (imagine the difference when you drag the scrollbar button to the middle of the bar at a constant speed - if the contents is long, it scrolls faster - how hard it might be to adjust the visible contents if a 1mm movement of your hand moves 20 lines of text...).

I know, it may sound stupid and not really important but it helps (me), and every help is welcomed - especially, if one spends in front of a computer long hours on daily basis.

Yes, Rev MX is expensive and some of the functions may look like a marketing gimmick - but I suggest that you try it for yourself if you can get your hands on one of them. You may be surprised (or maybe not:))

2. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

whats the mouse like when gameing ?

3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I'll second the thanks :clap: (now I may finally be able to stand Logitech's drivers) & welcome to the forums. :thumb:

:confused: why does everyone keep feeding the little troll?

4. tenpounds

tenpounds Banned

Ever heard of the story with the emperor with no clothes?

5. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

After having a good laugh at all this arguing, I feel that I must step in and make a critical point before the innocent-bystander body count passes the 1,000 mark;

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN FIGHTING ABOUT??!?

Its a mouse. Seriously. Everyone turn off your monitors and think about this for a minute.

6. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

idk what the difference is between the cruise scrolling and the hyperscrolling, although they might be the same, i would describe the use of this, while in this forum, being quite useful. Although many of you guys might think that getting to the bottom of the page to see if your question has been answered or to see what some one else has wrote can wait and extra .2 seconds, but when I had my old mouse, the Media Mouse by Logitech, it had no hyperscrolling nor cruise scrolling, it had a click by click by click. while im not bashing they scrolling on that mouse, i am just saying its much easier to flip my finger and not have to worry about scrolling and scroll 3 lines at a time, instead the document, or webpage, goes much fast and im at where i would like to be faster. Although i could make time to do my searching instead of at the last moment, i rather like to get things done quickly and at the last moment.

you claim that your problem is not DPI but friction, i dont seem to understand this problem. because no matter what friction should have little to do with the movement of your mouse. the only way that friction would have a huge problem with mouse movement is if your using Sandpaper for a mousepad. the coefficient of friction of Teflon pads and Plastic pads on practically any surface should not so much that you have a jerking problem with your mouse.

Here is a small table of Coefficients of Frictions:

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/frictioncoeff.htm

although the smaller number is better, you can see that Teflon on Steel creates about a .04 which means there is really no friction at all. another test shown is that of Rubber on Concrete (dry) being at a .6, which i think everyone knows that if you take rubber to concrete that your more then likely not gonna move it far without leaving something behind. you also said that your Kinetic friction is lower then your Static friction, if thats true then you must be picking your mouse up to move it, no matter what the kinetic friction should be greater then the Static friction because of the fact that there are two forces being pushed against each other, while static friction is just the friction thats there to keep the object from moving. so please explain this one to me.

Last edited: 10 Feb 2007
  7. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

Please remove this reply

Last edited: 10 Feb 2007
  8. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

i personally think that the mouse is good for gaming, although it might not be as great as some of the higher end gaming mice, i still have to say that it pretty good while gaming.

9. hakme2deth

hakme2deth What's a Dremel?

"a USB Bluetooth receiver "

Nope - Please update the review to avoid confusion. thx

Standard USB Wireless Receiver in the 2.4ghz band

As for gaming, I play WoW everyday and its generally fine. Slows down responsiveness a bit when battery is low. Also play HL2 and SiN. Both play fine. Completed Prey in 1 sitting with this mouse too. Its definitely not as responsive as a MS corded laser mouse but is still better than a normal corded ball or corded LED mouse.

Had mine since day of release. Cost £72 then. Bought it with the G15 keyboard. Both worth the money IMO

Also use it on Vista now that Setpoint 3.3 is out. The "QuickFlip" uses the Aero 3D window flipping (window key and tab normally)
    It looks soooo cool when you flip between a game and other apps and see the game still moving at full speed in the 3d window
    :D

10. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

So no bluetooth? I didnt think so but I wanted to be sure. It would be a good idea to update the article to avoid confusion for anyone else in a similar position.

Moriquendi

11. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I got my mx1000 summer 2006, (as it was very cheap price 50$ Can)
    And, my contacts are very clean, slightly in to prevent friction on the desk, the plastic covers all round each of them to prevent dust to go in the mouse.

Maybe Logitech made a newer revision silently released.

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Wouldn't surprise me if they did, I bought of the originals.

13. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

yeah how exactly does one get into a flamefest over a mouse? :worried: :eyebrow:

14. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

****, i was ready to buy this for when i get my imac or mbp.... specially if i get the macbookpro because its only got 2 USB ports. i think the iMac only has 3 too.

15. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

omg .... i started looking at this to see what the mouse was like and it turned out to be better that a episode of eastenders :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: . nice looking mouse when my G5 gives up i think i may consider one .

i would like to laugh at tenpounds new forum status

banned :hehe: :D

16. xaanaax

xaanaax What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    about gameing - the smallest finger gets tired after playing longer with mx revolution;) But I think I just have to get used to it. Besides u cannot use all of the buttons in games.
    Have anyone know if we can clean our mx revolution by ourselfs? Couse MicroGear™ Precision Scroll Wheel isn't spinning as long as on the begining. It used to roll for 8 sec, now after useing it for 3 months it spinns only 2 sec and stops:(

Last edited: 16 Dec 2007
  17. GoodBytes

@xaanaax
    #1, Yes you can have application and gaming profile with set-point add-on (or hack)
    http://www.mstarmetro.net/~rlowens/
    Simply install it, and you are set!

Heuuuu.... if you know how to hold a mouse, then your littlest finger doesn't do anything other then sitting comfortably, and that is even with a small hand.

- After eating, wash your hands before using your computer.
    - Don't eat or spill soda on your computer peripheral, or the computer it self.
    - Beside mine runs for 15sec and is 5 month old.

In your case, see with Logitech for a replacement, if not, then open it, lose your warranty, and see if you can clean it. WARNING it might have A LOT of parts inside, laser, and contains a lithium ion battery.

18. xaanaax

xaanaax What's a Dremel?

Hehehe thx for advice GoodBytes:D;)

I know how to hold mouse:p I have to hold the MX with the smallest finger, and after palying longer it's gettin tired. While playing I have to lift mouse and MX Revolution is heavy one...

...No comments:p
    I'll probably contact logitech for a replacement.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2007
  19. GoodBytes

Oh, I see what you mean, but that is because you did not or miss configure your mouse. You are NOT SUPPOSED TO lift your mouse. With little movement, you should be able to move your mouse a cross your screen, and perform 360-degree turn on yourself, in games. In addition, do NOT use a mouse pad, as it limit your work (playing) area. Beside you, do not need such thing, as you have a laser mouse. It supposed to work on ALL surfaces except mirrors and glass. If your desk has a glass surface or mirror, then you are better off with the good old ball mouse.

I do not care much about grammar mistakes, as I know I do them in some forum posts. However, spelling mistakes on BASIC words is just too ridiculous. Such post show disrespect among others as you show no effort in caring on what you type. We all do an extra step to make a post readable, and the same is expected from you. If you do not know English properly, then type your reply in Microsoft Word (or any software that can correct spelling mistakes), correct it, and past it here.

20. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

GoodBytes: :lol: a Quebecer [SP?] being the language police for English? :hehe:

xaanaax: 1) Welcome to the forums. 2) If you're using FireFox you could download the English language dictionaries (link) for it (I use it and it helps me more that I care to admit).

Tags: Add Tags