1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Supreme Commander

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Feb 2007.

1. mayakovski

mayakovski 10" blade with a 5/8" arbor.

I have waited for this game along time. And now it is here and it is....

Boring, bland, derivative and uninspired.

OK, the dual monitors is great, nice advancement there. But the game play is nothing special at all, completely expected and unoriginal. Graphics are average, again nothing special. Unit design, again boring and uninspired.

But the biggest thing for me is simply this:
    Supreme Commander is not fun to play. It feels like work. That is not what I want out of a game.

I hope the demo for C&C 3 that is waiting at home for me tonight will be better.

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yea, I'm finding supcom to be rather boring. I thought the massive unit scale would make for some sweet tactics, but meh. It's the same thing over and over and over

3. randosome

randosome Banned

it looked good, and it does look good graphically, but i just don't find it interesting

I guess it just doesn't fit every ones tastes, that's fair enough tbh

4. dognosh

dognosh What's a Dremel?

ran fine for me on a 3.4 P4 with 7800GTX in SLI at 3840 by 1024(TripleHead2G0)
    Me versus 3 AI , at one point we had over 2500 units between us(I had 950)

Love the flying saucer :rock:

5. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

This seems as good a thread as any to post this. Can anyone comment on how this game plays over the net. I'm seriously thinking of getting this little beasty, but my concern is that the online play will be suffering due to the size of the game.

6. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I have attempted to play this with my freinds online via a VPN (hamachi) 3 player was just about doable with some lag near end of game but still playable, 4 player started to lag about half way, was playable but choppy, 6 player was toomuch lag to near the begining of the game, starts off fast then after about 20min, it starts to crawl a bit, untill 1 of my freinds internet eventually dropped out.

This was using my pc as host (specs in sig below) on a 868kbps upload and 2760kbps download internet connection.

My freinds however are not as fortunate as I to own a gforce 8800gtx or a dual core cpu, so there is the chance that the game was maybe toomuch for there pc's to handle, even if the settings down low, rather than maybe the internet.
    Guess will know for sure one day when get to play with someone else whom has a pc beasty enough.

7. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Thx buddy for the reply. Nice system spec you got there. :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags