1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Adobe PhotoShop going online for free

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 1 Mar 2007.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Thanks, Adobe, for understanding what the RIAA and MPAA have failed so spectacularly at understanding - you can't stop piracy, so you might as well use that knowledge for profit (ie, ad-supported free version). I figure it's either a) piss off your legit users with useless copy protection, doing nothing to stop piracy or b) try and make some money off the would-be pirates and causing much less hassle to legit users. C'mon Microsoft and **AA, you can do it too...

Of course, I don't know how well this will work, but the concept if nothing else is absolutely stunning.

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

... radio? pandora? last.fm? hello?

3. randosome

randosome Banned

so far all Ive really used photoshop was a little bit of image manipulation of some pics taken on my dads camera, namely because some were blurry or just bad

and re-saving pictures i take with my camera to bring the 20mb (well depends what mode your in) file sizes down to about 1mb
    It has also come in handy once for compiling some textures for source (source a la hl2)

That's about it, its really not worth the £600 price tag (or whatever) so good on adobe, an elements is just a pain in the ass, Ive used it at college and its awful - although PS can be a bit daunting, and the menu structure makes it a little slow

4. Devrethman

Devrethman What's a Dremel?

Wow, that's freaking brilliant. I am learning PhotoShop at school, but I've always used GIMP at home, cause I can't afford PS.
    Now Adobe has to get with the times in the 64-bit-linux-flashplayer area.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i am using gimp for small things and my less legal version for everything else..... hmmm i don't even have it installed.... as for this news... this is great, now i can use photochop were ever i want :D.

6. drlecter

drlecter What's a Dremel?

You can execute native code from the browser, it's been done with Quake Live and other through browser games. And given Google's gears I wouldn't be suprized if it works like that does.

Tags: Add Tags