1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. elmodder

elmodder What's a Dremel?

im not sure i understood what you wanted to do (clip = cut ?)

maybe gin0thecop can understand it beter :p

2. badsnax

badsnax What's a Dremel?

Yup, by "clip" I mean "cut." But what I was trying to say is, "is it possible to cut off the two PS2 plugs and wire them together so the mini plug can be pluged into the PS2 lcd screen, and the s-video into the back of my video card?"

Thank you! :D

3. elmodder

i dont know if thats posible, if you want to plug it to the s-video of your video card, dont you have the apropiate conector on the back of the psone lcd already ? (the sony one has an audio and a video conectors on the back :p )

i built my second eeprom today, i didnt break my 2nd lcdeither, but the eeprom refuces to be found by my videocards, ill try the new edid writer, if all fails, i dont know, maybe something is not conected properly, or maybe i burnt it when i was soldering (i noticed i was really unskillfull this time arround, i dont know how much heat it can witstand :p )

4. badsnax

badsnax What's a Dremel?

haha ouch, I guess Zenith took a few steps back technology wise in that case.. Becase unfortunatly the only plug for video on the back of it is a mini plug.. Primative if you ask me, but there has to be some way around it..

5. elmodder

ok, my second eprom definitly has something wrong, either i broke it or soldered something wrong, ill start checking it (powerstrip says there is no eeprom, so it is like its not there :p)

pd: the nvidia only writer needs to be run from a floppy, it wont work in a dospromt, i have to get myself a floppy drive now XD

pd2: what would happen if i wire pins 5, 6 and 7 ofthe working eeprom to the 2 lcds ?

6. elmodder

ok, i "won" (more or less)

by wiring pins 5 and 6 of the working edid to the vga cable that conects to the 2nd lcd with the broken edid, both lcd use the date form the working edid and im done XD
    (wiring is kind of ugly tho).

a guy offered to build me 2 c-sync adaptars, i may start playing again with this suff in the future, for now, im done XD

7. Gin0TheCop

Gin0TheCop What's a Dremel?

congrats.. elmodder.. I will do the soldering on my eprom again when i have time or just take the lcd to the office and try to write on eeprom on one of the pcs with nvidia cards there..

OH by the way as long as my pc reads the data from registry i have no problems as well.. But i still want to be able to write on that eeprom :D

8. elmodder

remember that you need a floppy / cd to boot to dos to use that writer, it wont run on a dosprompt.

also, the edid data on a .txt for that writer seems diferent, there was an example one, examine it and see what i mean :p (its hard to explain).

pd: do you think i could have broken my second eeprom by heating it too much when i was soldering ? ill leave a pic of my mod later XD

9. Gin0TheCop

Yeah I know what you mean about the txt data format of the edid writer.

Umm thats a possibility ofcourse as they are designed to work at 70 celcius max. But at my first soldering i was really rough to mine and it kept working.. Second time my soldering skills was a lot better than first time but it refuses to work.. :D

10. shahzadmasih

shahzadmasih What's a Dremel?

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

11. Springs

Springs Boing boing

what sort of information do you need?

12. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

On the official PS1 screen theres a blue and white wire that go to the powere connectors, which is + and which is - because i want to directly wie to the 12V>7.5Vconverter.

13. seaf20

seaf20 What's a Dremel?

HELP

i purchased one of these screens and i'm ready to mod it into the case (lian-li) the thing is i ordered it used and it has no power supply besides i don't want unecesary cables in my case, does any one knows how or where can i get a converter to power the screen from a molex connector i think the voltage on the screen is 7.5 or something like that... what if i connect it to the 12v molex and put some resistors? i don't know anything about electronic and i don't want to fry the screen.... thanks for the help

14. Springs

Springs Boing boing

just look on ebay for the ps1 car adapter which will automatically convert it from 12V to 7.5V and all you would need to do is change the connector into a molex..

15. gobygoby

gobygoby What's a Dremel?

whats a good card that has dual monitor support that works with the VGA mod?

16. Gin0TheCop

I am using an ATI 1600 Pro with 512MB memory.. It works great for me...

17. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

i have a question about the other chipboards, do you have to have the connectors for the PS1 still connected or would it be ok to take them off (without damaging the board), and have it still work, i tried modding a MP3 player once just so i can use them memory and took off the LCD and it failed to work again. i didnt know if that would have the same effect as the MP3 player had.

18. ZiPi

ZiPi What's a Dremel?

Hi!

I have made VGA-PSone cable and sync converter for Nvidia cards. Now I have a problem that my primary screen (LG 1970HR) and PSone LCD can't work together. Picutre is displayed only on primary screen, or on PSone lcd, if I disconect the primary before system startup. Is there any solution how to make them work together? My GPU is MSI 6600gt.

regards, ZiPi

19. l0cke

l0cke What's a Dremel?

Wow I just read this entire thread, every single post. I think I'm about ready to do this mod. I just need to buy a matrox mystique.

But I was wondering if a s3 virge card would work. Any ideas?

20. acecuk

acecuk What's a Dremel?

Hi
    I have a radeon X1950 .I have used the cables to connect up the lcd but when I go into display panel it will not detect it .I had the same problem with a 9500pro.
    Any ideas.

Thanx

Tags: Add Tags