1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e6300 running hot?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matt.slysnake, 6 Mar 2007.

1. matt.slysnake

matt.slysnake Banned

Hi guys, just dled 'core temp' and noticed my CPU temperature is high? I don't think this is normal, but what can I do about it?

[​IMG]

2. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

check that your cooler is seated properly... also try getting MBM and let that have a go at your temps

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's not that high. I'm assuming it's the stock cooler?

4. kurabii

kurabii What's a Dremel?

hmm stock coolers for intel and C2D chips are actually good.
    you shouldnt be getting those temps. my Overclocked e6300 to 3.0 doesnt reach above 45...

hmmm i have a blue orb II.

i would check to make sure u have it seated correctly and how many fans are there in the case? is it loud? do you have the fan set to aggressive? is the cooler base hot or cold? take a gander brother.

5. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

The stock coolers aren't that good at all really - we've got an e6300 (underclocked) that runs at 50-60'c on the stock cooler. You could look into getting an Arctic Cooler Freezer 7?

6. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

They are fine until you start jacking up voltage to much over stock.
    E6300 here idle`s at ~ 35 deg (no case tho) at 2.8ghz with 1.25v on the stock intel cooler. OP`s temps are a touch high though, however this could be due to high case temps or other factors. If those temps are load (or after a period of load) then they aren't as bad however. Can you confirm your load temps please?

7. matt.slysnake

matt.slysnake Banned

These were the temps after PC had been on for about 4 hours with periods of world of warcraft and counter strike source. But now, I've just turned PC on, and temps are ~45*C