1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Internal Sony difficulties come to light

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Not surprised at all by this, the negative press that the PS3 has received is down to the way it's been marketed and advertised.

And if these internal difficulties are as bad as they sound, then it's very difficult for them not to surface...

3. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Good riddance Sony... For such a well respected company to balls so much up, they don't deserve to stay in the market place.

4. randosome

randosome Banned

hard to tell whether its a divert the blame tactic, or if this is actually the truth, maybe even both

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ken Kutaragi's earned his P45, in my book. Blatant non-communication with key members of the workforce should in no way be tolerated. That's just shameful.

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

wholey s**t and i thought it was expensive now :jawdrop: a ps3 is worth more then my car

7. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I think one of Sony's problems is a complete lack of any kind of eccentric figure head. Xbox has that bald guy that spews BS about how the 360 is some kind of spirtual zen...or something. Nintendo has Reggie Fils-Aimme (think thats his name) the now president of NoA. Sony has some a Japanese gung-ho jerk and Phil Harrison, who seems way too arrogant, even if what he is saying it true and correct.

However, some of the stuff Sony is showing at GDC looks very cool.

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I think it's appearant through all the shortcommings and problems that sony is going to take a market share hit this round of console generations. But that will barely dent sony in the long run, hopefully they'll learn in time for ps4 in what? 8 or so years

9. Havok154

Havok154 What's a Dremel?

SONY's going to have to do some major reorganizing and put someone in control with a firm hand to pimp-slap any execs that make stupid comments or feel they are any better then the rest of their team. Without this, SONY will probably end up crumbling under the chaos and animosity brewing in the upper levels. When the top of the company can't take care of it's self and is in constant turmoil, everything under it will fall to pieces.

10. TimB

TimB What's a Dremel?

I'd be quite happy if Sony just went bankrupt. I refuse to buy any Sony products after the whole rootkit fiasco.

11. tecate

tecate What's a Dremel?

I feel the same way, but I just download mine :worried:

12. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

While I'm sure from the text of this story that there is an element of blame on all sides, the simple fact is that the reason why Sony are struggling is because they attempted to launch an overambitious machine - fantastic management can't make the technically impossible happen. In that respect therefore, I would imagine that poor communication from the tech people all the way up about what was genuninely feasible at what price and in what timescale are to blame for the PS3s problems.

13. TimB

TimB What's a Dremel?

Sony is learning the hard way that raw power does not equal and/or guarantee sales. They may have the most powerful machine but its the worst seller.

The best seller? The weakest machine.. but the one that is *gasp* the most fun -the Wii. I think the big names have kinda forgotten that fun should trump power.

14. randosome

randosome Banned

the wii may just be selling the best beacause its the cheapest console, and its not half bad either

Id still rather get a 360 if it was cheap enough - i need a media center extender :p

Tags: Add Tags