1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i am hoping to get my first car very soon, if everything pan's out then i will have something to post here :)

2. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

... sigh. I'm not even gonna bother. QFI.

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Beat me to it, Gas is expensive, space is minimal, hatchbacks are affordable and easier on the eye.

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

What's with all the ugly trucks over there?

5. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]
    2007 Saab 93 Aero
    2.8l tubocharged V6, 250bhp
    Sunny all year.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2007
  6. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Currently:

[​IMG]
    on the weekends/ nights out..

and a POS 86 jeep wagoneer 4 banger as a Daily driver..

But if everything goes well, I'll be getting one of these in the next few weeks..

[​IMG]

To replace the probe... (Not that actuall one, but the one i'm getting has same color and rims even.)

7. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

1998 (R reg. 65k miles) 2.5ltr [V6] Twin-Turbo Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Estate...

276bhp @ 5500rpm
    5-speed INVECS-II automatic gearbox
    Multi-link sports suspension
    Traction Control
    All wheel drive
    Active YAW Control
    Air-Con

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Great sleeper car if you ask me, most people don't know what they are and assume they have "normal" estate car performance.

9. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I sure as hell didnt expect 276bhp from it! Very nice car!

10. kylelnsn

kylelnsn What's a Dremel?

i agree, still looks nice aswell!

11. Hazardous

It's [quite] a well disguised "sleeper car"... but it's also great for lugging loads of fishing gear around, whilst maintaining good road speed (legal road speeds of course :naughty: ) :D

The mpg barely reaches double-figures when she's laden with gear though -even when I do stick to the speed limits :eeek:
    I believe the maximum mpg quoted in the manual is 18mpg - unladen... which'll give you an idea of how much I get out of it (or don't to be more precise) around town, or loaded to the gunnels with three lots of course fishing gear :waah:

But hey... I knew when I bought it that I couldn't expect in the order of 30mpg from a 276bhp twin-turbo rocket-ship... and I'm more than happy with my end of the stick :hip:

Thanks mate... but that's primarily due to the bodywork being made entirely of aluminium (so there's no worry about rust :rock: ) - rather than my tender loving care :D

TLC isn't a primary concern if you use 'er to lug fishing gear around... and take it some of the places she's been in the process :hehe:

12. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

heres my baby: Dannicka, a 5-spd laurel blue metallic 1990 honda accord lx sedan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mods:
    interior-blue LED's in dash vents, under seats, and under the dash, Pilot shift knob with homeade black vinyl/blue stitching shift boot, various polished plastic pieces

ICE-2x JL 12w0 subs in a custom made(by me :D) fiberglass box, kenwood excelon 505w amp, blown speakers in front and crap no-name 61/2's in back, ipod fm modulator, and a JVC mp3 headunit

exterior-clear corner and bumper lenses, 30% tint, altezza-style taillights painted candy-red, blue LED's shining on the license plate, and a customized grill

engine-homemade short-ram intake/heatshield, new motor (blew the old one), chrome oil cap, various polished pieces

suspension/brakes-polished and anodized aluminum front strut bar, stock black steelies with no hubcaps (taken off since pics), street heat cross-drilled rotors, and raybestos ceramic brakes

coming up: front and rear lip, lowering, re-upholstered seats in black leather with blue stitching, header and exhaust (possibly handmade by me), in-car computer with 8" screen and trackball mouse.

edit: here's my other baby (well not exactly, this is last years but is similar) my school's formula SAE car which i am desinging an electro-pneumatic shifter for (my avatar was an early design)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 13 Mar 2007
  13. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

This will make you laugh .. a nissan primera ! with tinited windows in silver .. Yes a pimped nissan primera - how stupid do i feel. but it get's better....

Why ? company car .. but there's a twist ....

It's a jap import, so all the buttons are in japanese, so is the sat nav and all the information systems !

guess who doesn't read japanese ! :duh:

The indicators and wipers are the wrong way round and .. it get's better ..

The radio only goes upto 90 FM. So being in the uk means that all i can get is radio 2. so it's good old Terry Wogan on the drive to work .. lovely. :waah:

14. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

I have to agree with you, The car companies over here have no taste.

15. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

No offense to you but my 4.3L v6 van gets over 18mpg (US gallons not brit gallons) and the engine makes 384lb of torque.

I know guys with over 400hp breaking 25mpg easily in corvettes some go as high as 30mpg. This past weekend I drove 180miles each way to rode island and that gave us about 23mpg average @85mph+ while the engine is a 4.2L inline 6 that makes 291hp and 300lb of torque and this was an suv @ 5000lb alone.

16. Samurai75007

Samurai75007 What's a Dremel?

Well its been some time and I don't know if I posted here but my 01' VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition died about 6 months ago. I now have an 85.5 Porsche 944.

[​IMG]

17. Hazardous

No offence taken at all. But those are the facts ;)

From here in Chester, it's 355 miles to my mum's home in Scotland.
    I have to refuel long before I get there! I'm only getting around 250 miles on a full tank :eeek: :wallbash: :waah:

18. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

give yourself a chuffdy badge.
    my car has 150torques and it does 56mpg but i don't need to willy wave all the time

19. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Mine gets me nine miles per the gallon and more women than you could imagine.

20. Hazardous

Hell yeah... mines perfectly adaptable for the outcome of that too :D