1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Samsung 226BW

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 15 Mar 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Andreoid

Andreoid Anfi-tec Staff

i love its design :D
    ,.. the power button :D

3. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Not a fan of the design - they need to get rid of the silver!!

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I told a guy at work to get this for his home computer, he is seriously impressed.

5. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

so still no confirmation on if the pannel is a 8bit or 6bit then? Is there any tests that can be done for it or is it a case that you have to guess and leave it at that.

other than that nice looking monitor and im rather intreaged about this dynamic range malarkey.

6. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

On the introduction page of your review you list connectivity as DVI-D, VGA, Component, S-Video inputs and then go on to say it only has DVI-D and VGA.

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Now the debate, is it worth the extra $150 NZ over the 20" BenQ. Probably. Will see when it comes to buying it.

EDIT: Just looked on TR and its the same review lol. But no comparison to the 20" BenQ, can you guys tell me how good the image quality is compared to each other? If the are the same, or close enough, then I will go for the Samsung.

EDIT2: (thats the BenQ FP202W by the way)

Last edited: 15 Mar 2007
  8. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

samsung monitors are the best, IMHO - i have a 940BW 19" widescreen - 4ms and similar specs to this one for everything else, it really is very nice - and also came out top in a recent TomsHardware 19" widescreen test.

This one kinda makes me wish i'd held on and bought the 1680x1050 22" though, my 7900GS is easily capable of running it. This is a pretty sexy monitor.

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Imo it's one of those features that's better left turned off. We have it on our Samsung TV and it was one of the first things to get switched off as games that consist of dark/light mixed scenes or even TV programs made it throw a wobbly and the increase/decrease and brightness was really visible.

10. LoveJoy

LoveJoy What's a Dremel?

Uuuh thats my future screen :p after i have bought the 40" tv ;)

11. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

It's reported that a not insignificant amount of these panels have blacklight bleed around the power button, did this review model have similar issues?

12. TMM

TMM Modder

At 2ms it is most likely a 6bit panel with dithering to achieve the 16.7M colours.

13. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

I have to agree with the comment about the specs etched on the bezel. I hate those stickers on computers proclaiming all the specifications (particularly when it's not my computer and I can't screw it up and put it in the bin), but something permanently etched on my monitor would seriously bug me. But the accounts department at work want new monitors, and maybe it won't annoy me as much when it's in a different room :)

14. krimson

krimson What's a Dremel?

looks pretty sharp, that contrast setting seems pretty cool when you need it..
    but it seems an awful lot for a monitor that doesnt have hdmi. i thought that for true hdcp compliance, it needed sound inputs too, but i definitely could be wrong.

for almost $100 USD less, the sceptre W22x-gamer 22" WS gives you hdcp, hdmi, sound (albeit crappy) and is a very sharp picture in my opinion. i use it every day and i have no complaints.

15. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

16. xPaladin

xPaladin What's a Dremel?

Indeed, I bought a 204BW recently (20") to replace my 915T (19") and it blew me away. Picture quality in games is top notch. Compliments my single 7900GTX beautifully.

The intelligent coloring adds a lot of flavor to games, but as previous posters have stated, it is best left off when not gaming.

17. img

img Minimodder

i got one of these couple of days ago. Very please with it just needs some tweaking to get it right

18. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

i got the 225bw, looks the same but with shiny plastic & chrome buttons plus extra £100

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Are you sure? I thought the Dell 22" does too.

E228WFP

Link to E228WFP datasheet

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm looking at a 226BW right now. I don't know if its an A or an S panel, and quite frankly, I don't care. On my time at the Hardforum display section I realized that a large portion of the people there are display elitists. A lot of them will go so far as to call the 226BW a piece of trash and complete waste based on it being a TN panel! Regardless, this monitor looks amazing. It's 100x better than I expected and I bet if you put an A and a S side-by-side I couldn't tell the difference.

Tags: Add Tags