1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mobile For Mrs GOO

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 15 Mar 2007.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Guys,

Mrs GOO is in the market for a new mobile phone. Her V3 Razr is on it's last legs, and she's out of contract with Orange - and Orange don't want to know re: upgrades... They just seem to be chasing new customers and don't give a stuff about retention. Well, at least the guys in the local shop and at the call centre don't... :wallbash:

She wants another contract phone, she doesn't mind who with but she doesn't want to spend more than about £20 a month on the line rental / package (it's how much it cost her on Orange).

She also wants another flip phone / slider phone - as no matter how good the keylock, the pixies in her handbags always manage to knock it off and start ringing all and sundry in her contacts list. :rolleyes:

We had a good look round last Saturday, and the LG Shine caught her eye - is it any good? If not, what's the other options? I don't mind shelling out about £50-£60 on the phone along with a 12-18 month contract. It doesn't have to be a freebie.

Give us your opinions - we've got a PAC code, and we're not afraid to use it. :thumb:

2. hujambo_Bwana

hujambo_Bwana What's a Dremel?

Keep on at orange, I did after they refused to upgrade me from my V3 (same as Mrs GOO) to the SonyEric 810i for free (they wanted £100) I read out various deals from other phone companies that would have given the phone for free and the same minutes and texts as i'm on now down the phone to their call centre. They agreeded and hey presto, new phone for free.

Threaten their call center staff with changing contract (I rang the call center and selected the 'cancel contract option') to another supplier. They couldn't do enough for me when they relised I was serious about changing contracts.

Hope this helps and good luck :thumb: .

Jimbo

Last edited: 15 Mar 2007
  3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

4. alastor

alastor Minimodder

As above, settle down with the phone and have a good chat with customer services. If they know you're serious about leaving then you should be able to get at least equal to a new customer contract and phone.

5. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

I find Orange very good.

They offer me so much when I upgrade, free bundles and what not. Not sure if it's your telephone manner! :p

6. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

phone companies tend to offer very little come upgrade time if your on the lowest tariff and don't make many calls, happened to me on O2 and vodaphone. You do get better offers switching networks that you will with upgrades on low tarriff contracts.

7. fev

fev Industry Fallout

We do treat all customers the same, at least in store. Once goo pays attention i'll be able to sort things

8. planki

planki ...

orange messed me around a fair bit, so i started looking seriously at changing networks and was offered a very good deal from vodafone. As soon as i phoned up and asked to cancel and then told them about the deal from vodafone they gave me a better deal with the phone i wanted for free, plus i get magic numbers!!

i would stick with orange if you can as in my experience they are very good, but i would have to agree they do seem more interested in chasing new customers instead of retention.

9. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

[GOOWakingUP]Snort... Splutter.. Wha... [/GOOWakingUp]

What's all that noise. Can't you kids keep it down? ;)

Sorry mate - I'd forgotten all about this thread.

I've just had a word with MrsGOO, and from the venomous anti-Orange response I've just got, I gather she's not that keen to stay with them...

Thanks for the offer all the same though. Much appreciated.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Seenas we're on a phone thread, with fev paying attention, I'll sly a question in.

I went and upgraded my phone in a shop, and don't know if I've extended my contract, what's the standard policy on it fev? Does a phone upgrade from a contract always give you a new 12/18 month contract? The people in the shop weren't very forthcoming with what went on, and the customer "support" line couldn't help, as the phone isn't in my name.

11. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

N80 / N73 (nokia) on 02 / Three (N73) == both good for contract

If you go with the N80 you get WiFi , if you go with the N73 from Three you get 1gig/month data and a proper skype client on the phone.

plus they both can run vSun (SNES emulator :))

12. fev

fev Industry Fallout

err with orange... check the paperwork you got with the phone... if it goes along the lines of 18mnth 10% LRD... then it's the same plan with 10% off but extended by 18 months

if you'll pm me your number and the 3rd and 4th letter/number from your pass i can take a butchers