1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids with Money

Discussion in 'Serious' started by casey_cole, 4 Mar 2007.

1. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

LOL that seriously made me laugh out loud, good one. :hehe:

But yeah I used to go to an international school and most if not all of the kids in school are all well off. There are 2 sides to Hong Kong, the Kowloon side and the Hong Kong island side.

ALL the kids on Hong Kong island who go to an internatoinal school are rich, hell I know a few that live on the peak and have ferraris, porsches, lambos you name it they got it - daddy's wallet is seriously big.

Then you have me the guy in the middle and honestly...I'd rather be here than be as rich as they are because ironically even though they have loads of dosh, I'd rather earn money myself and be proud of my own decisions and actions. I mean these guys will be so used to their money they'll probably feel like they're lacking something when they're older.

I'm easily satisfied compared to them aswell, they'd prolly need a new Xbox360 to stop crying over christmas..

I have to say I thank my dad for teaching alot of qualities in life, he started off low in an average area in Nottingham in UK before moving to Hong Kong.

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

well for my 18th birthday (october 06), my nan sent me a cheque (as she normally does instead of getting ass-raped on postage i live in nz) for 1000 pounds and ive had friends tell me trade my car and get a better one, to get a pc to get a tv and the likes but its spent all its time sitting in my savings account along with 1000 nzd (375ish pounds)that id saved up no idea what im going to do with it and i dont care. everything ive wanted since i was 11 ive bought myself or had a small loan to payback to mum but only for the pc in my sig and monitor (and even that was second hand) that i needed for school

Last edited: 16 Mar 2007
  3. robbybertu15

robbybertu15 <b>needs a job</b>

You guys haven't experienced true spoiled Americans until you have visited my high school. Walton High School in Marietta, GA.

4. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

you mean they get worse

5. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

It maybe just me or i could be just becoming cynical and bitter as i age. (my job sure isn't helping, mumbles: Stupid Users) But when ever hear about how mommy or daddy just bought some little kid something alike a brand new computer and spent god only knows how much money on it. I just want to tell them something like Is that your computer, yah, did you pay for it, no my parents bought it. so it's your parents computer then. your only using it. Or at my high school where you go these kids who are driving up in 40 and 50k cars and suv's to a high school. I have had to pay for most of my "stuff" my self my parents have never bought me anything extravagant. Personally if i had that much money to blow on useless crap i would invest it or use it to "buy" experiences. For example i have been going to musical theater since i was 5. Why because the experience is much more worth while. I think the the other problem with this is that most spoiled kids are also so excited with the electronic form of media and when you say something like theater or classical music the immediate reaction is that sucks, or something more inappropriate. I'm sorry to rant but this, i guess, just seems to be one of my buttons.

For example i am lucky right now as i am still living in my parents house (trust me no one in their right mind moves in the winter in ottawa) and as such my total expense are quite low right now but i am no fool. I won't be completely prepared until i really do live on my own but i have a good idea.

If it were up to me if a child wanted a computer, he or she would have to pay for it. My parents did an interesting when i was littler (up till i was about 12-13) if i wanted to buy something big that i didn't get for my b-day or Christmas i could save up the pretax amount and my parents would pay the tax on said item within reason. but it's important to know when to stop doing this.

Feel free to call this hogwash, malarkey, crap i really don't care as these are my opinions.

//end rant

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

the pre-tax thing sounds like a decent thing, thats a fair saving on more expensive items but then again you dont genrelly get more expensive things to you are older then 12

7. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Yeah I've also realised that apart from attaining money too easily the spoilt kids don't seem to appreciate the other things in life that don't actually cost as much, something as simple as history, culture and things like that.

I mean I'm not exactly going to interested in alot of the past but at least I appreciate it.

8. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

True but it could be an incentive to save up for something more expensive.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

true i wouldnt complain about saving 12.5% (GST in nz) on everything, and other places its alot more

10. kitt

kitt Michael Knight

You wanna try the UK, we get raped on everything (17.5%) plus for some reason most goods (especially electronic goods) we seem to pay more than everywhere else BEFORE TAX.

UK sucks! :miffed:

11. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

yeah but at least you guys get a full range of products, theres things ive wanted to buy for years (litterly) that still arnt avaible here - for example theres absoultly no VFD's and water cooling is only half hear

12. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

while i think we are a bit spoiled in canada as supply isn't normally an issue and our tax in ontario isn't quite as high as the uk (it's around 15%) but it's enough make people complain. now my question when you all say tax do your coountries have just the one tax becuase in canada with exception of the maritimes our taxes are 2 taxes in real fact. GST (federally) and PST (provincially).

13. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yeah i guess we are lucky that we can get the stuff. But it still annoys the hell out of us because we're being played for fools! Theres no way in hell for example a cpu might cost $150 in the us but overhere it'll be £150+ which is effectively double price and then some. Theres no way after shipping, import-tax and whatever that it should cost that much!

14. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

lol how true! But its even worse when your playing GOW online and a 12 Year Old kills you :blush: