1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project CARBON COBRA: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by theurgy, 5 Apr 2006.

1. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

I used some auto tinting I found at my local auto parts store (Canadian Tire).
    Bought the tint, a tinting application kit with the solution, squeegees and knife for about $20 CND. Things I learned in the process... be sure to use a file and finish the edges and remove any burrs to make a clean 90degree edge.. helps alot when you're trimming the tint off.

2. theurgy

theurgy What's a Dremel?

OK so Phase 1 of Carbon Cobra is now complete!

I basically have it being used as a workable computer now!!
    All the wiring was completed and all the components are in.

Here's a pic in it's rightful place:
    [​IMG]

Here it is with the lights turned on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A front view:
    [​IMG]

And an open door view:
    [​IMG]

I'm very sorry for the poor quality photos as I don't have a good camera at the moment.

Now you guys are probably wondering...Phase 1???

Yes I said it ... Phase 1... meaning there will be a Phase 2.. or as I like to call it ... Phase: Part Deux!

What is in plans for Phase 2:

-I intend on putting a 10" LCD on the other side panel. I am sourcing this out at the moment as I need to find a nice thin one at a decent price.

-The Ultra X-Connect power supply's cables, I have not been too impressed with. I love the PSU but the cables not so much. Very rigid and hard to manage.. also some are just too long. I'm looking into minimizing the wires and making my own out of black molex connectors.. good wire and carbon cable sleeving like I used for the other parts. I am debating on doing the same for the IDE cable however I suspect by that time I'll be switching to SATA, so it'll much easier.

-I just found out that frozen CPU is offering vandal resistant white LED switches 22mm in diameter. This is absolutely perfect for this case...I intend on ordering it in the next few weeks.

-I want to add a bit more lighting to the inside or I'm looking into maybe adding a super white LED array to the bottom to make the bottom glow up.

-The next obvious will be a full computer upgrade, which I've been avoiding for the time being.

Either way for the moment I am happy with this mod. It'll be a little while till I can get modding again as I'm building my new house as we speak.
    As soon as I'm settled in and my new workshop is built I'll start my new project (my old case will undergo a complete mod transformation into a MAME station). Then complete Carbon Cobra Phase 2.

3. TheClon

TheClon What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to more pictures, that do justice to that nice mod you have done...

4. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Realy nice job building that fan speed controller ,the wirring is also looking very good and the case does look much better now. waiting to see what the light inside and outside and the swich do for the overall look.