1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music do you listen to whilst gaming?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurayamino, 17 Mar 2007.

1. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

I have quite alot but I will narrow it down to just my favourites:

Gorillaz - Dare Still a classic in my book!
    Metallica - Sad But True :rock:
    Muse - Super Massive Blackhole
    Cascada - Everytime we touch Sorry but that is a good dance track
    Evanescence - Any of there live stuff because I think it sounds better :rock:
    Anything by the Guano Apes, Nightwish, Rammstein, Prodigy and Garbage. Also loving dont fear the reaper the H.I.M version

Last edited: 17 Mar 2007
  2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

usually northing, I just listen to the games sound. The only exception is eve online, i'll have a mix of whatevers on my comp. Usually some sort of dream theater based playlist :)

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Dirty Three for ambient RPG types, and in contrast, I like to play tetris whilst listening to music.

(did I just say "whilst"?)

4. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I have a "gaming" playlist, it's mostly random dance music, 2 prodigy albums, and some dragonforce.

5. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

:O OMG I missed prodigy off my list! :wallbash:

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Totaly depends on the game. Mostly just what I'm listening to though.

If I want to properly play a game and really get sucked into it, I'll play whatever compliments the games mood. So for instance Selected Ambient Works II by Aphex Twin for Doom 3, or if I've become bored with the Deus Ex music I'll put on Moby's Play.

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

If I listen to music its just all of it chucked in a random playlist.

8 Foot Sativa, Afro Man, AK 1200, Alien Ant Farm, Blink 182, Bob Marley, Breaking Benjamin, Buffalo Springfield, Cadillac Tah, Che Fu, Chemical Brothers, Chicane, Children Of Bodom, Chuganaut, Coldplay, Concord Dawn, Carona, Cripple Mr Onion, Crystal Method, Cypress Hill, Darude, Deftones, Deja Voodoo, Depeche Mode :rock:, Disturbed, Dragonforce :rock:, Dragonlord, Drowning Pool, Eighth Ground, Electric Six, Elemeno P, Evanescence :rock:, Fear Factory, Full System Purge, Gatecrasher, Gnarls Barkley, Golden Section, Gorillaz :rock:, Green Day, Guns N Roses :rock:, Hatebreed, HIM, In Flames, Iniquity, Iron Maiden :rock:, Jack Off Jill, Jag Panzer, Korn, Lacuna Coil, Leftfield, Limpbizkit, Linkin Park :rock:, Marilyn Manson, Massive Attack, Nesian Mystic, Nightwish :rock:, Offspring, OK GO, Orbital, Pacifier, Papa Roach, Pink Floyd, P.O.D :rock:, Powerman 5000, Prodigy, Puretone, Pulse Ultra, Queen :rock, Rammstein :rock, Red Hot CHilli Peppers, Rob Zombie, Scribe, Shaggy, Shakhan, Simon & Garfunkel, Six Day War, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, Soil, Spawn, Stickdeath, System Of A Down :rock:, Tenatious D :rock, The Bleeders, The Killers, The Prodigy, The Union Underground, Tool, U2, Vengaboys, War, Wash, Weird Al Yankovic.

8. daguuy

daguuy I hate lolcats

Metal :rock:

9. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i usually just throw all my cheezy pop music on shuffle.

however, this morning i was listening to the soundtrack for 300 while playing GTA san andreas. that was pretty intense

10. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Depends on the game, shooters and RPGs with good music, nothing. Racing games tend to be DragonForce and other faster metal. Dynasty Warriors like games where you have a sword and take on an army would be any type of metal. Sports games I usually just listen to anything during, and turn off their standard soundtrack.

11. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

depends on the game, but I have been very impressed with www.jamendo.com

for racing games/fps's I generally just hit the rock button

anything else gets techno usually.

12. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Neil young. Its kinda creepy playing cs and listening to CSNY they just blend so well.

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Depends on the game for me - usually just the normal soundtrack. FPS - usually nothing, as it makes it impossible to pay attention to footsteps and whatnot, likewise for anything that plays like Splinter Cell. Anything else, it's generally my normal (fairly short) playlist if it's not the in-game stuff, which consists of a lot of Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, RHCP, a bit of Green Day and several tracks from various Final Fantasy games, plus a bit from quite a few others (access to my playlist is about 200 miles away, and there's no sense wasting the space copying in all the artists anyways). Generally rock or metal. If it's a slower game, I'll often catch up on some podcasts :)

14. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

Soft calming music that contrasts with the full throttle style of game play something like time of your life by green day. I like the soviet national anthem on ut2004 (ons spithingrad), or some of my mums stuff.

15. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Just my music libary not a certain type.

Rock
    Drumb & Bass
    Grime
    Hip Hop

I just like bassy music lol.

16. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

edit - oh, i should read the full thread title before pissing and moaning....

uh, i listen to whatever music the game is playing?

17. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Usually the in game soundtrack will do for me the first time I play the game to the finish. After that and I know where everything comes from; I play either;

Blistering metal (a la DevilDriver, Chimaira, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, yada yada) for games such as FEAR, RTCW, FarCry and GRAW.

For my other games like Deus Ex 2 and The Warhammer games, that gets my new age music, like Enigma, Jean-Michel Jarre, Mike Oldfield, Delerium and Paul Oakenfold.

For Doom 3 I always play Tool, it just fits. Really, really fits. Especially the Lateralus Album.

18. chunga

chunga What's a Dremel?

trance

19. Mary Jo

Mary Jo oh lolz

Nothing - you need to hear where the enemy are moving!

20. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

pff you are obviusly not teh l337