1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: *NEW NAME PENDING*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Rage., 8 Mar 2007.

?

What should the sword on the front be made of?

Poll closed 25 Mar 2007.
  1. Mounted Perspex and the sword engraved on it?

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. The sword made out of aluminium and putty underneath to hold it?

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. The whole sword out of putty?

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. widmod

widmod Minimodder

I'll wait some days to be convinced :D
    try it for some days and with using the whole space of the hdd
    anyway if it wouldn't work with the data anymore it could stil spinn..
    oh and you forgot to include a led into your mod, but nice work anyway :eyebrow:

2. El1m1nate

El1m1nate What's a Dremel?

LEDs heat up and melt...

3. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

ahh the hard drive is failing! LOL - i booted it up and the sound that the needle made.. NOONE should ever have to hear!! Ive diagnosed my problem as well.. the needle normally has a screw in it, however i havent given space for a screw to go in.. therefore the needle moves around like an idiot.. making a terrible sound. Also, somehow it interferes with booting up.. my main hdd doesnt go past windows xp loading screen when its plugged in.. if i can get in i might be able to fix it.. but anyways. i think its screwed =P It worked for a while but this morning.. dead. =]

4. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Poll - undecided

I don't know how to vote on your poll. It it was me I'd go alu, but that's probably because I can't imagine that I'd be able to do it with putty. So, I'm guessing you have some experience in doing it that way. So, I'm not gonna vote. I'm just gonna wait and see what you come up with.

I WAS thinking, that your pic of Gandalf the White extched on plexi and lit with white LEDs, would look good as a window. But the etched plexi thing is done a lot...

I like the theme and what you've planned so far. Keep it up!

5. Qbank

Qbank What's a Dremel?

Putty is some sort of kley or wat ? I would put the aluminium sword on smal alu raisers so and srew it so the sword is nicely spaced of the case just a litle ;)

6. El1m1nate

lol hes never used putty b4 :D no realy...

7. Qbank

Qbank What's a Dremel?

He I doin't know he, Im Dutch speakin so my English vocabulary is not 100 % he

8. widmod

widmod Minimodder

as i have foreseen :wallbash:

9. El1m1nate

10. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

yea.. the putty is a type of clay but far stronger and it doesnt crack like clay does.. and Qbank i like your idea with the sword lifted off the case.. i think i might try to do that.. ta for ur ideas =]. ill be back with an update hopefully soon..

11. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

ok so we have the computer which has hardly been touched since last time and an excellent idea which is only restricted by money. Now unless someone wants to send me a check or deposit a whole lot of money in my bank account, im going to have to make it. And yes folks, im talking about watercooling. I cant afford it but i may be able to scrape up enough to buy the material to make it. The only problem is.. i cant find anyone who sells copper. *screams for help*
    i hope someone has a good idea where to get some from or even is generous enough to give me some money :D *hopeful look*
    ta laters

12. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

going to create the watercooling myself.. so far ive got a sketch for a cpu waterblock and a radiator.. i might create waterblocks for vga + ram and chipset if i feel i need it.. ill buy a cheap pump and tubing from somewhere and i might create a reservoir if i feel up to it..
    btw im not goin to bother uploading the sketch coz its far too small to make out.. i might make a bigger one later when ive got some price quotes + that sort of thing.
    :D

13. Rage.

Rage. What's a Dremel?

so i figured my gandalf idea was poxy and crappy so ive decided to change it into something better.. ill post some pictures later.. ive done some sketches on sketchup but they aint too detailed yet so bare with me